Dear Rocky,

Dear Rocky,

A letter to my dog

52
Dear Rocky,
Kelsey Hirsch

Rocky,

You have and will always be the light of my life. You will always be my emotional support system, my best friend. You have continued to be such a heartwarming part of my life throughout the years.

Rocky, Roco Taco, Rocket Man, for eleven whole years you have made my life a happier, more comfortable time. You were the best gift I could of ever received, and when my dad brought you home on December 18th 2009, I immediately fell in love.

You taught me what it meant to love someone or something as much as I loved you. You showed me what it felt like to be loved unconditionally. You were my shoulder to cry on. You were my best listener. You were my greatest companion.

You seemed to always find a way to get up and play. You always put your family first. You changed my life in the brightest and happiest of ways. You changed my family's dynamic and our overall compassion. You have saved me from my darkest thoughts with your loving energy. You made me excited to come home after a long day.

You truly made a difference with how I view my life and how I love others. I love you more than I can even start to describe and I always will. I love you and your one of a kind personality.

This is exactly why I already miss you terribly. I do not know if you know this, but you have made unbelievably large impact on my life. You have been one of the greatest blessings in my life, but you have been suffering for a while, and it is you time. You have been strong for so long; strong for me, strong for my family, strong for our other dogs. You have been strong, but it is finally time for you to have the ability to rest.

The cancer had become too advanced and I need you to understand how much you mean to me. I wanted more than anything to keep you here longer, but the would have been cruel at the point you were at. You need to rest; you do not need to feel pain. I will always remember you, and I will keep you within my heart. Loving you has been an unforgettable joy. Please rest easy. I love you.

Love,

Kelsey (KellE)