Dear Incoming freshmen

Dear Incoming freshmen

Hello Baby Gulls!

445

Dear incoming freshmen,

First of all I want to welcome all of you to the nest, you are now baby gulls and will be starting a new chapter of your lives. You have accomplished the chapter of high school wither it was the worst part of your life or the best it's done over with. Now though it is time to start thinking about your future. I will start by saying that when you made the choice to come to Endicott you where not just making the choice to continue your story, but you made the choice to meet new friends, expand your horizons and most importantly you made the choice to find what you. I am not going to write to you guys and tell you everything that I should know about the school you will learn all that in orientation, also I am not going to pretend I know everything about Endicott because frankly I don't as it is i am only a Sophomore and don't know as much as a I should. What I am going to tell you is this college is a whole new ball game with curves balls and pop flys thrown at you at every direction, it can be scary. I know I was scared when I first entered college and now I cant wait to go back it's crazy, like really it is. As your go through freshman year though try to remember some of these key points. Get involved, Im not talking get involved with a girl or a guy, but hey if that happens that awesome what I mean is this join clubs, or even sport try something that you haven't even done before, who knows you might be killer at it. Really though don't be afraid to try new things. My next nugget of advice i have for you is this keep an open mind about friends. Like I said college is a new ball game that means you are stepping into a game where nobody knows you, you can make yourself who ever you want to be, just don't forget your morals. Don't forget you have the billowy to walk away form anything you don't want to do. there are all different people in college they come from different places and have been raised differently from you it doesn't mean they are wrong in there thoughts or actions. Just keep an open mind about people and who knows maybe you will meet your new best friend. Okay lets move on to roommates, now i know some on you have already picked your roommates which fro you guys thats killer and nice job, but for those of us that are going random that is great to there is nothing wrong with that, but here is the best advice i can give you about going random. Talk to your roommate before you start the school year. When you first move in you will have what is called a roommate agreement this just lists the rules of the room that you and your roommates or roommates set up, really think about this and do not just agree with what one person wants to do. Remember you guys are going to be living with each other for the next year, you don't want to be fighting all the time. Okay guys I don't want to give away all my advice, but i wish you guys that best and wish you luck on this new chapter of your life, its going to be a rollercoster you will get flipped turned and maybe even fly out of the set, but also remember that college is a fun time so enjoy it while you can because its going to fly by. Once again welcome to the nest!