Dear Guys, Understanding Your Girl

Dear Guys, Understanding Your Girl

Here are 9 need-to-know insider secrets about what girls want in a relationship

238
Dear Guys, Understanding Your Girl

It's no secret that girls are difficult to understand if you're a guy. We can have a full conversation by simply shooting each other a look, but try that with a guy and all you'll get is a confused face back. Here are a few insider secrets about what girls really want in a relationship.

1. Listen. It's something so natural but so scarce. When we're ranting about petty drama, the worst thing you can do is turn up the radio volume or say you don't care. Just nod your head a few times, give us a hug and tell us that it'll be okay. Not too difficult. When we tell you something about our favorite food or music, try and remember. We just want to know that you care enough to pay attention

2. If she pushes you away, it's because she doesn't want to be hurt. Maybe the memory of the boy who cheated still haunts her. Or maybe she's scared to put in effort because the last time she did it wasn't reciprocated. The best thing you can do in this situation is make sure she knows that you're not going anywhere.

3. Tell her things. I'm not talking about your deepest darkest secret or your hearts desires. Tell her about the funny thing that happened at work that day or the thought about birds you had while driving. If something upset you, tell her that too so she can comfort you, rather than be cold trying to get through it on your own.

4. Never lie and never keep secrets. This one's a biggie. Remember that picture you sent to another girl last summer while the two of you were figuring stuff out? She knows about it. Those girls you were "harmlessly" flirting with while she wasn't around told her about what you did. Remember when you said that you were too tired to go out? She knows that you did anyways, just without her. Girls figure out everything. If not because someone told us, it's because of intuition.

5. Sometimes it's okay to get jealous. When someone is hardcore flirting with your girl right in front of you, don't just sit there. Tell him to back off because she's taken. Otherwise she'll think you don't care.

6. Be patient with her when she's on her period. PMS sucks. The mood swings, the cramps, the bloating, the zits, everything sucks. Be patient with her. I'm not saying give her a free pass, but try to understand that she's sorry she snapped at you and that she's extra self conscious. If you really want to earn points, bring her chocolate or ask her what kind of food she's craving. She will never forget that you did that.

7. Don't treat her like a prize. Don't show her off to your friends then ignore her the rest of the time. She's not a trophy and she's not something to show off. She's a strong woman who can handle being around the guys. If you don't treat her like she means something to you around your friends then how do expect her to react?

8. Tell her what you want. By college, most girls are done messing around. Tell her that you want her to make the first move sometimes. Tell her that what she said offended you and what she can do to fix it. Tell her that you love her. Don't make her guess, because I promise you she will assume that worst. How do expect her to be straightforward with you when you aren't with her.

9. Be her best friend. Be goofy together! Talk about dumb things and sing at the top of your lungs in funny voices on road trips. Tell her about the fight with your parents and be each other's shoulder to cry on. Work out together and stuff your faces with pizza. Being her best friend will guarantee you a best friend back.

All girls really want is to feel special, needed, and loved. Make her feel that way and I promise you she will make you the happiest man alive.