A Letter To My Grandma

A Letter To My Grandma

There will never be enough words to describe how grateful I am for you.

89
A Letter To My Grandma

Dear Gree,

Having a grandma is one of the most special privileges. A grandma can be your best friend, and your parent. A grandma is your biggest fan, and will always be on your side. There will never be enough words to describe how grateful I am for you.

Growing up, you have been the only grandparent I really had. Your husband was gone before I was even born, grandma Josephine passed away when I was just a kid, and grandpa Frank had Alzheimer’s for as long as I can remember. But you made up for the loss of any grandparent.

Whether it was you babysitting me and Anthony, having Friday night sleepovers at your house, teaching us to play poker, beating you in every board game we played, or you yelling at us for annoying you, it was never a dull moment.

You have always been the mediator between my parents and I. Whenever we have a fight, there you are, trying to see both sides of the situation. You try to help me understand why my parents are angry at me, and you try to help them understand my actions. You are a mom to four kids, and a grandma to five.

You have always been the person I admire most in life. Every story you told, I always wanted to be just like you. To this day, I still do. I see the big heart you have, and all the respect you receive from people. You are truly an inspiration to me, and I’m not sure what I will ever do without you.

Now that I am older and away at school, I don’t get to see you as much as I used to. I know I should call more often, or stop in for a visit, but I get busy and end up forgetting. I’m sorry that I don’t keep in touch as often as I should, but I just want you to know that the moments we do spend together mean so much to me. And just because I don’t call doesn’t mean I’m not thinking about you.

I would just like to say thank you. Thank you for always being my best friend. You have been my biggest supporter, my shoulder to cry on, and the person I can call when I just want to have a good conversation. You have influenced all my decisions to make me the woman I am today.

I love you, and I always will.