A Tribute To My Beloved Grandmother

A Tribute To My Beloved Grandmother

May you rest in peace and I will see you again one day.

153978
A Tribute To My Beloved Grandmother
Joseph Paolino
"Grandma passed away"

These three words felt like a dagger to the chest, knowing that you are gone. But I know you will never be forgotten. I know for a fact that I will never forget you and how much you've impacted my life. Not only that, but everyone in this little town that knew you adored you so much and they will miss you to pieces.

As I traveled down memory lane, I remembered all the good times we've shared, and I can't help but miss you every day. So grandma, I promise to always keep your memory alive and all the things that you have taught me to become a better, loving, and humble person just like you are.

I will never forget your kind words.

Whenever life just decides to throw me a couple of curveballs and I start to think negatively about life, you always knew the right things to say with a big hug.

You welcomed me with big arms.

Coming to America was one of the hardest thing I've ever done. Especially knowing that I'm going to have another family here that could either hate me or love me just like their own. But you welcomed me with big open arms and never failed to remind me that I am part of the family.

You believed in me.

You never once doubted my abilities. So ever yday you never failed to remind me that one day I'm going to make it, and you know what? I'm on my way there, grandma. One day I will be doing what I want to do for the rest of my life and that is to one day be a nurse.

You were loved by many.

From the community center, to the church we go to every week, and the people that you've built friendships with in this little town, sure will miss you. Everyone knew who you were and they have said nothing but good things about you. So no matter what, I am lucky to have had such an amazing grandmother like you.

You believe in true love; and so do I.

I will forever remember the love story you always shared to me, and no matter how many times you tell it, it never got old. It inspires and gives me hope about true love, and that's why I believe in it.

I will never forget our sleepovers.

I had my own room in your little house and I was always welcome when I just needed to get away from my parents. And I remember we would always have our talks, make dinner together, talk about how much we love Betty Boop, watch your favorite soap opera while you do your exercises, and lastly to top our night we would share a midnight snack before bed. Boy, I will truly miss those times.

We shopped till we drop.

Every weekend, after church, we would always go to the mall. And before the evening festivities begin (aka shopping) we always grabbed a bite to eat at the food court. I know how much you loved those Sicilian slices from our favorite pizza place there. Then we shop, and shop, and shop until that mall closes. Truthfully, I think my shopping addiction grew from there and that's OK. I will now shop in memory of you.

You loved your kids, grandkids, and your husband unconditionally.

I've always adored how much you love your family, and to be honest that will forever stick to me and inspire me to have that kind of love.

I miss you everyday grandma, and there's not a day that I do not think about you. I wish that I saw you one last time, and I wish I got to say a proper goodbye, but I'm just glad that I got to tell you that I love you one last time.

I will make sure that one day to tell stories about you to my future kids. And I will tell them how much I wish they would've met you. But I know you're looking down on us and that you're finally in peace. Heaven gained an angel and I will see you again soon, grandma.