Dear Conservatives

Dear Conservatives

So, conservatives, I am not a welfare freeloader, I am not the antichrist, I am not uneducated on my views, and I will not simply get over what is happening in our country right now.

53
Dear Conservatives
Kerphotograph

Dear Conservatives,

I am a millennial. I am a Christian. I am from the south. I am a pastor’s granddaughter. I go to school for eight hours a day, then go to work for four hours, then come home to do two to three hours of homework. I go to sleep and do it all again, every day, for the past 4 years and will continue to do for the next 60 years. On Saturdays, I often go from one volunteer activity to another volunteer activity and then go to work. My parents have jobs, my sister has a job, my grandparents have jobs, my cousin has a job, my aunts and uncles all have jobs. And yes, we are all liberals.

You try so hard to refer to us as welfare freeloaders who need to get jobs. You try to demonize our view that separation of church and state means we are the antichrist. You say that we are uneducated people being educated through “fake news” and the “radical left-wing media”. You say that we need to get over the fact that Hillary Clinton lost and we have Donald Trump as our president.

Well here’s the thing, if you read the first paragraph you would know that I have a job and am not on welfare. I come from a very Christian background, aka praying at meals and going to church, and I am not the antichrist. So, that’s two things you are wrong about. When it comes to being educated we all know that intelligence is not the same thing as having high degrees, but both of my parents have master’s degrees, my sister is about to graduate college at a predominantly republican school, all of my grandparents have graduated college, one of them attended Harvard and has run multiple arts programs and fundraisers for the arts. My aunts and uncles all graduated from college and most them are teachers, which whether or not you want to believe is one of the toughest jobs a person can have and we rarely give enough credit to them. I am about to graduate high school and would like to earn a Ph.D. in marine biology. I come from a very educated family. We all do our own research and yes occasionally we will trust CNN or NBC news but we know to look at other sources to fact check. Did I mention my mother was a fact checker for a very long time? And finally, we will never get over the fact that the person who won the popular vote and was probably the most qualified candidate ever was not elected into office. But you need to understand that all the protests are not about Hillary losing, they are about the fact that a reality tv show host, who uses very dividing rhetoric and fires anyone who disagrees with him is now running our country. So no, we will not just get over it. If the civil rights activists in the 20th century simply got over the racism and sexism, we would not have the rights we have now.

So, conservatives, I am not a welfare freeloader, I am not the antichrist, I am not uneducated on my views, and I will not simply get over what is happening in our country right now. I ask you to please stop calling liberals “snowflakes” because we believe everyone has rights and should be respected, and please stop using the very rude term “libtard”. I love my country and I will do everything to Keep America Great.

Stay Woke America

-Kristen