Cancer, Why Do You Cause So Much Heartache?

We WILL get rid of you. Just watch and see.
131

Dear Cancer,

Why. Why have you caused so much heartache to many families around the world? Why do you have to take the lives of innocent people? You've caused so many restless nights. You've caused so many tears and pain. When will you stop? When can we stop worrying about you?

Over the years, many different people have been trying to find a way to get rid of you. Don't take it personally, but we all hate you. One day, the world will wake up to the news that there was a cure found. Could it be tomorrow? Possibly. It could be within the next year. Cancer, you better be ready, because you're going down. We WILL win.

Do you think it's okay to take loved ones away from their families? I don't think it is. You see, there are families grieving because of you. There are people fighting for their life because of you. Don't you think you've done enough damage?

Sometimes I sit and wonder why you do the things you do. Sometimes those thoughts become too painful and I start crying. It hurts to see all these people in pain because of you.

Cancer, I'm going to make you a promise. We WILL find a cure. We WILL get rid of you. Just watch and see.