De-stress

De-stress

Take some time for yourself right

22
De-stress
Boston Calendar

I am so so happy to say that Junior year is finally over. Literally, the worst year of High School is over for me, but sadly that stress isn't gone, especially because I now have to think about college applications and graduation requirements etc. For me the intense stress often causes loss of breath and long, incurable headaches. It's easy to get overwhelmed by these situations. Here are a couple of things that you can do to destress that have personally worked for me.

1. Bath and Body Works Stress Relief Candles and Body Washes - These lotions have been memed everywhere, but they for sure work, especially if you take a warm bath with them, and they smell amazing.

2. Listen to Music- Honestly, dance a little too, it clears your head and it makes you feel a lot better. Pay attention to the music, and the beat drops, it brings your focus on something else, rather than the thing that you're worried about.

3. Drop everything and go outside- The fresh air can help you clear your head and be more focused on your task. Sometimes when I step outside I literally feel the weight coming off of my head, and it feels so refreshing.

4. Facetime a friend- Talking to a friend and talking about anything but school, and it will help to just talk things out. But be careful because this can last hours and you'll get nothing done.

5. Chocolate (?)- Ok I don't mean binge eat fifty candy bars because that is super unhealthy, but a small piece of dark chocolate can help a little bit. Invest in like super dark chocolate, it will help you not eat the entire bar of chocolate.

6. Cry- Sometimes all that pent up stress needs to get out and just leave, and in this case, it should go in the form of tears.

7. Sing - Make sure your doors are closed of course, and just sing your guts out. It puts your focus on the lyrics rather than what you're working on, making you oblivious to your stressor.

8. Sleep- If all else fails just sleep. Your problem will still be there but at least you don't think about it for a while.

What's important is that you take care of your health above all else. Stress leads to headaches, high blood pressure, weight gain, and in the long run, heart disease and heart stroke. It's important to work toward your goal, but you have to be healthy and alive to reach that goal. It's easy to get caught up in everything happening around you, but no matter what happens you need to put yourself first and be kind to your body so you can succeed in the long run.