Day One Out of 365

Day One Out of 365

New Year and a New Day

70
Day One Out of 365
Meg Kakarla

Ahh it's that time of the year again. The year coming to an end, the hopefulness sets in where we strive to each all our resolutions again. We promise ourselves that this year will be different and we start off that way, but eventually as time goes on we fall back into old patterns, it isn't that we mean to, it just happens.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard "Can't wait for 2016 to end", I could honestly probably pay my tuition five times, fully out of pocket, right then and there. I can't really judge that phrase because I was I said the same exact thing, but when I look at in a holistic perspective, 2016 wasn't as bad. Sure most of the situations that I was in the outcome wasn't what I expected, but then again each of those situations taught me something different. The least I can do now instead of complaining about it just learn from those and make sure they don't happen again.

This year I'm trying to do something different, instead of coming up with resolutions that are big and broad; I just want to go with the flow with whatever the situation is. Take advantage of every single opportunity regardless of how big or small it is. In the end it's a win win situation because if the opportunity works out then you get the experience and if it doesn't you also learn how to apply or to see where you went wrong. In the end it can only benefit you.

Also when you really think about you don't need a new year to start off all your goals. You can start over right at this minute if you want to. Everyday is a new day and each day presents a new opportunity to be the person you always wanted to be.

So here's to 2017 and the best version of ourselves. In case no one told you this today, I believe in you!