How I Kept The Spark Alive With Someone I Started Dating Before Quarantine

Dear Diary, I Started Dating Someone Before Quarantine And Social Distancing Has Made Us Stronger

Even if you can't be right up next to each other, you can still stay close.

125

I began dating one of the sweetest guys I have ever met before quarantine.

He is the brother of one of my guy friends I work with, and he swept me off my feet. We have been dating for almost two months now. Before quarantine, we were able to celebrate my 21st birthday together, check out cool spots around town, and go on awesome dates.

We began dating the week before spring break which was about two weeks before everything started shutting down and changing. Unfortunately, the pandemic canceling everything really messed with my extrovert self, but of course, my boyfriend has been very encouraging.

We have been doing distance dating, and honestly, it is not that bad.

The thing I miss the most is getting to experience things together. Doing different things like cooking together or hanging out with friends are some of the things I miss the most. We both work at restaurants in our college town and it was always fun to visit each other at work or meet up after work and talk about the night.

FaceTime calls are crucial and make it so much better. There is a small appreciation for social distancing when it comes to a new relationship. The honeymoon phase is a term talking about how all relationships start off amazing but eventually the honeymoon ends. The quarantine has slowed down the relationship's honeymoon phase because I can't hang out with him whenever I want to wherever I want to.

Nevertheless, as much darkness such as death and change it has brought. The change can be good and this is a prime example of it.

Relationships will improve and the environmental effects are already showing.

As all COVID-19 articles finish, don't forget to wash your hands and social distance! It can do a lot of good.

This article is a response to Swoon's weekly prompts.
To share your own story, click here.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.