Dating Multiple People At Once Is The Only Way To Date

If You're Not Dating Multiple People At Once, You're Doing It Wrong

It's called a roster... look it up.

274
Lexi Schroeder

I've been single for six months and you could say Tinder, Bumble and Hinge have been on my phone for the majority of that time. I guess you could say I've really never been single either... I dated a guy back in high school my sophomore to senior year, we broke up and I was single for two months when I met my next boyfriend. We had a thing for a couple of months and then we started dating and dated for a year and a half. We then broke up in May and now here I am today.

If I'm single, I owe absolutely nothing to anyone.

The whole point of "dating" is to see what type of guys are out there. Especially with the dating apps out there. Others may have a different opinion on dating multiple people at once, but in all honesty, I feel like it'd take forever to find a love interest if you're dating one person at a time. I'm not going to put all my time into one person if they don't feel the same way.

Also, you don't need to tell any of your partners that you're talking to more than one person. In my opinion, they should assume unless you tell them otherwise because that's what dating is in today's society.

You should not feel guilty if you're dating or talking to more than one person at a time. How else are you going to meet potential relationships? And chances are, that guy who you're out to dinner with, is talking to multiple girls too. And if you two decide you want something like a relationship, make sure to drop those others.

Of course, make sure to talk about boundaries and what exactly you're looking for with a partner whether if it's a hookup for a relationship. Especially if you're gaining feelings or losing feelings.

You learn a lot about yourself dating multiple people at once. And if one of those partners ends up being something more than a dinner date, communicate with them and let them know how you truly feel.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.