Looking at Dating like Basketball

Looking at Dating like Basketball

Shoot your shot 2k17

52
Looking at Dating like Basketball
getty

Although people probably do not think of Stephen Curry in regards to dating, dating and basketball have more in common than you think. Some things will increase your chances such as a good team or solid wingmen, while some will lower them like bad shoes or bad breath. I was going to write about women being like basketball, but this could also apply to how some women approach the dating game.

Shaking off the Defender

In life, there are always obstacles and this too applies to dating. Maybe you are hitting it off with someone, but their friend is being a nuisance. Whether intentionally or unintentionally, their defense can stop you from scoring, so you will have to be crafty. In the words of DJ Khaled, “they don’t want you to win,” but you cannot let that stop you.

Heat Check

Sometimes you achieve moderate success and feel the need to up the ante. What do you do? Pull up from 30 feet with a hand in your face because you are feeling yourself. In dating, the equivalency would be approaching a girl you have no chance with. Sure, if you fail, you look like a huge loser; if you succeed, it is legendary.

Wingman

Scoring on your own can be difficult at times, so you might need to be set up every now and then. Like a point guard in basketball, the wingman’s purpose is to help you score. A great wingman is spectacular and will have you two looking like Chris Paul and Blake Griffin on the hardwood. Few things on the basketball court feel better than setting up a teammate for a basket or helping your friend score.

Cold Streak

This one is self-explanatory. Every now and then, you go on a cold streak and that is just how it goes. Maybe you switch up your approach and set up your friends to score, or maybe start shooting even more. Your confidence may take a hit, but after one shot falls, you will start to regain your swagger. You could also sit on the sidelines and pick apart your game to come back stronger after taking a mental breather.

Technical Foul

You will not always get what you want in life, but it is how you respond to it that shapes you. Everyone gets rejected, or called for a foul they did not commit, but do not make the situation worse. Arguing with someone who has rejected you has never worked out, and never will, so why bother? Maybe you did everything possible to achieve your goal, but the game is the game. As the saying goes, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

2017 is here, which means we should take more shots than last year. I am by no means a Kobe Bryant fan, but who cares if you go 6-24? That 25th shot will go in and it will be spectacular. And remember, you miss 100 percent of the shots you do not take.