Dating In Your 20s Is Almost As Bad As The Black Plague

Which one should I avoid more?

5
flocku

Dating and the Black Plague, two very different but similar topics.

When you're in your 20s, most of us are in our junior or senior year of college, confused as all hell about what we are supposed to with the rest of our lives. Family dinners are constantly filled with questions about school and a love life. I know for a fact whenever I told my grandmother that I was single and haven't found "that nice guy" yet she would roll her eyes at me and then immediately change the subject. After her four long years of asking she has given up hope on my love life and so have I.

There is so much pressure on finding the one who you're supposed to be with for the rest of your life in college. Being in my senior year of college, I can say there has not been one guy who I have met, who I could ever see spending the rest of my life with. I have definitely met people who I could see myself being friends with for the rest of my life, but finding a soulmate... haven't met anyone remotely close to it.

It seem's like everyone who are in their 20s are intimidated by the whole idea of actually dating. I am so over this whole "talking" stage. First of all, the term "talking" has many different meanings depending on who you're talking to. To one person it can mean, texting and snap chatting all day long but when it actually comes time to hang out, you two only see each other late night. But then if you ask someone else what "talking" means they will tell you that they're interested in each other but they don't want to put a title on anything. Why is it so difficult to just come out and tell someone you like them and you're interested in them without it becoming a huge debacle?

The whole "hooking up" culture has to end as well. It seems like people are so quick to degrade someone and call them names all because of a hookup, but everyone is doing the same exact thing. Also the whole Tinder world isn't helping the cause either. I still have the app and use it frequently only because I have a small glimpse of hope. One of my best friend's found the love of their life on their and they are currently planning a wedding.

To the people who actually date like mature individuals I applaud you but to the ones who are struggling with their love life, I along with many other people are right there with you. The Black Plague is something that wants to be avoided and right now that's how I feel about the world of dating.