5 Signs Your Christian Boyfriend Is The One God Made For You

5 Signs Your Christian Boyfriend Is The One God Made Perfectly For You

Is he the one you've always prayed for?

228

Whenever I was young, as most girls did, I dreamed of my fairytale wedding and my knight in shining armor, whoever he may be. Growing up, I was also wanting to know if I was dating the "right" guy. Trust me, it took a lot of conversations with God about who I should be with, to find out that He has made someone perfect for me and in time, I would find them.

Oftentimes, we can get lost in how someone makes us feel so we may forget to make sure that our partner is pursuing the Lord as much as we are. Here are 5 signs the Christian man you're with is the one God made perfectly for you:

He prays for you and your relationship.

A man that asks you if he can pray for you? Keep him. That is the type of man that doesn't just believe in good wishes but believes in the power of prayer. If your boyfriend prayers over you in times of discomfort, or in times that you are struggling, that is a true Christian. Sometimes guys will just hope for the best in having your relationship bloom and grow and hope what they're doing is enough to keep you. A Christian man won't hold those standards for himself but pray that the relationship that you have built is in His name.

He doesn't just pursue you, but also pursues the Lord.

Not only should your boyfriend be wanting to impress you and make sure you feel loved but should be constantly pursuing that stronger relationship with the Lord. He is reading scripture, journaling about the Bible, and wanting to have those special, elegant moments with the Lord, you know he's the one. I know many times, girls want to be able to say, "I am my boyfriend's No. 1, and I'm the thing he loves most," but shouldn't he be putting the Lord before you? Keep the guy who is constantly growing in his relationship with the Lord and is making a point that he is pursuing Him too.

He leads you back to Him.

In relationships, you may begin to feel "lost" or just in a deep pit in your life. If your boyfriend keeps reminding you daily, about the power of prayer and suggesting to you to take a night of silence with just you and the Father, listen to him. Not always will guys want you to rely on something greater to find comfort in but a godly man is not going to be content with simply telling you that everything will be okay, he will feel content by consistently leading you back to the cross.

He's exactly who you prayed for and more.

We all want the perfect guy that we have seen in our dreams of the future, but how often does that really happen? A man who follows closely in the image of the Lord by the kindness of their heart, how they love others, and by trying to be an example of who he is, is a guy that you should be proud to be with. Those fairytale wishes you used to have about the man in your future will seem so small now. A guy that is following an image of Jesus is going to be very similar to the guy that you've prayed for. I mean c'mon. Someone who is kind, loving, AND wants to follow the image of Jesus? A true winner.

He respects you.

A Christian man is going to respect every single part of you. He will want to honor God with your body, mind and soul and nothing less of that. Conversations will be healthy. He will give you the attention while you are together. He will respect if you just "need a day" or some time to yourself. If your relationship is based on honesty, you both are respecting each other. At the end of the day, he will love you for who you are, what you stand for, and will show that respect with both his actions and words.

I hope that these signs can be ones that you are able to look at it and evaluate if he is eager to hold Jesus first in your relationship and if he is a Jesus-loving, Christian man.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.