Having A Crush: Reality Poem

Having A Crush: Reality Poem

Having A Crush Isn't Easy

413
Having A Crush: Reality Poem
https://www.pexels.com

We all have had a crush or two in our lives. That really cute person who made your heart go boom! boom! and make you feel like it is about to shoot out of your chest at any moment just by being near you. Don't you remember that feeling that person gave you? The butterflies in your stomach whenever you two are in the same room, how tongue-tied you get trying to say just three words to them. How giddy you feel when thinking about them and how you gush about this person to everyone. There is just one little problem in your fantasy, the person your crushing on doesn't even know you exist. You have thought about writing how you feel about this person in a secret love letter but you never have the courage to tell them how you feel. This is the case with many crushes, it is usually one-sided. So I wrote this poem to express some of the struggles of having a crush.

The way you smile makes my heart sing
The way you talk sounds heavenly to me
The way you look is so lovely
The way you walk is so grateful even for a guy
The way you look at me makes my heart skips a beat
The way you make me feel is one of the most amazing feelings ever
The way you may never see my feelings makes me sad

I wish I could tell you how I felt

As I hold this letter tight to my chest

Just spit out "I like you!"

But I'm a coward

Afraid of rejection

Afraid of being the fool

So I keep my feelings seal up

But I smile cause I can still be close to you
Even if its a one-sided love
The way I feel for you is true
I just wish you could feel the same way too
The way I feel about you
I have never regretted it
The way you make me happy
Even without even trying

Or knowing how much happiness you give me

You don't know my feelings

Maybe one day I can unlock my feelings

And share them with you

Once I gain tougher skin