7 Best Cristina Yang Quotes That Will Motivate You

Cristina Yang from Grey's Anatomy, a sarcastic, arrogant, prideful, and ever-so-loving character. Here are seven of her best quotes!

22926
University of Florida

I've recently gotten hooked onto Grey's Anatomy, and by hooked I mean watching 10 seasons in a week. Why did I stop after 10 seasons? Simply because Cristina Yang left, and I no longer had the motivation nor interest to keep watching. Cristina Yang is a complex, strong, sarcastic, smart, prideful, arrogant, and brilliant character. Here are seven of her best quotes. I like to think about them whenever I'm feeling down, as they not only showcase her character but also provide principles to follow throughout life. Enjoy!

1) If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and demand something more.

One of my favorite quotes (then again I have a lot)! Bad things keep happening to you? Your grades are crappy? Crappy things keep happening? Your life is crappy? Stop accepting that crap, and demand good things. Demand good grades. Demand a good life, and you will get one. You have to work for it, to stand up and fight. If you feel like crap, stop accepting it and get back up on your feet. Prove to the world that you are NOT crap.

2) Don't let what he wants eclipse what you need. He's very dreamy, but he is not the sun. You are.

Boys aren't everything, girls! Don't let your significant other make your decisions. He can't force you to do something, and you should never let him. Whether it's your career or decisions, don't let him/her make them for you! Don't give up what YOU need for that person. After all, YOU are the sun, and it is YOUR future.

3) Oh, screw beautiful. I'm brilliant. If you want to appease me, compliment my brain.

Cristina definitely knows what's important! She takes no compliments from anyone about her looks because she knows she's beautiful. In fact, she'd rather be brilliant than beautiful. This is important for those self-conscious people out there, screw beautiful! Be amazing and smart, and show off your intelligence to everyone.

4) You're either born simple, or you're born me.

This is one of the more deeper quotes that I just really appreciate. Being born "me", as Cristina Yang symbolizes the complexity and hard life she has to go through. And it's true, a lot of people have to go through that. If you're one of those people born like Cristina, then thrive on it. Use that complexity to your advantage, and conquer all that stands before you. Those that are born simple, relish your simple life and strive for the best!

5) Not everyone has to happy all the time. That's not mental health, that's crap.

To whoever that says you should always be happy, that's total bull. Total crap! If you're happy all the time you have serious issues. Either you're heartless and soulless, or you're trying too hard. Be grumpy, be sassy, be annoyed, be angry, express your emotions. It's not good for you to bottle them up all inside, because one day, it's going to explode and ruin you. Sometimes, it's okay to let loose and just cry it all out. It doesn't undermine who you are, but further enhances your personality and person.

6) Pretty good is not enough, I wanna be great.

Strive for the best! Good isn't good enough, go for the top. This is some personal opinion, but I rather aim high and fall short of my goals. Wanting to be the best, to be great instead of just mediocre or good. I believe that if you really try to become great, to become the best, you will someday. It will happen, and that will be the best thing feeling in the world.

7) Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than everyone here, and don't give a damn what anyone thinks.

My favorite quote of the bunch, and one I repeat to myself every night before I go to sleep (I know, how lame :P). This one packs so much power, energy, wisdom, and truth. Be like a tornado, a hurricane and rip through all the obstacles before you. Whatever is in front of you, you can conquer it, overcome it. This quote gives such a sense of inspiration that it improves your mood just by reciting it!

These quotes definitely sum up the amazing Cristina Yang perfectly. I recommend you watch it if you have time; it offers a lot of insight into hospitals from doctors that start as interns. Hope these quotes help you become motivated!