4 Things I Did Growing Up That Make Me Cringe As an Adult

4 Things I Did Growing Up That Make Me Cringe As An Adult

Growing up there were things that I look back on now that I wish I wouldn't have done or said.

31
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lisa-simpsons-dinner
https://unsplash.com/photos/7ICU-gxJ1zY

Everyone has at least five things they did growing up and makes them cringe now as an adult. Growing up there were things I look back on now that I wish I wouldn't have done or said. However, we all have to go through things and experience life to learn from them. Anyways, I think that although they make me cringe, they're not bad to look back on. They've provided me laughs and hopefully more laughs in the future. Here are four things I did growing up that make me cringe as an adult.

1. Taking a Selfie in the Bathroom 

Nicky Hilton Selfie GIF by Nasty Gal

https://www.nastygal.com/

Everyone (at some point in their lives) has taken a selfie in the bathroom. In this case, I did during my time in Middle school (which was from 2010-2013). This was a time that Android bathroom pics were very popular. Were you even cool back then if you didn't take a selfie in the bathroom at least once?

2. Use the emoticon "XD" excessively 

XD GIF

https://imgur.com/gallery/S8XiX

This is something else that was very popular during my middle school days. In my opinion, this was our version of today's saying of: "I'm weak" or "I'm dead" to show that what was said was incredibly hilarious. I cringe now at the fact that I used this emoticon because I did excessively. If my status didn't include this emoticon, was it even really a status? My past self-didn't think so.

3. Post Selfies with Duck Lips

Beyonce GIF by 2017 MTV Video Music Awards

http://www.mtv.com/vma

Who hasn't posted a selfie with duck lips? I was definitely guilty of this. Looking at photos of me making duck lips makes me cringe. I felt as If I overdid this. Many people that I went to school with did the same because it was popular. I'm not going to show any pictures because honestly, this was embarrassing, to say the least

4. Pretending to be Straight 

Gabrielle Union LOL GIF by Regal Cinemas

https://www.regmovies.com/

Honestly, I knew that I wasn't straight from a very young age. Honestly, this one is self-explanatory. I didn't come out until last year which was my first year of college. Although it does make me cringe (a little) that I was pretending to be straight at the time, I'm glad that I came out at a time that I felt safe and the most comfortable.