How To Create A Monthly Wellness Calendar

Designing and organizing your path to wellness.

14
https://unsplash.com/photos/18mUXUS8ksI

Monthly wellness calendars are putting me on a path to success. I recently came across this idea and wanted to pursue it. As I navigate life during COVID-19, I wanted to take the free time I have thankfully been given and put it to good use. For me, that was prioritizing my health and well-being.

I'm the type of person who must visualize goals in order to put them into practice. So, I printed out a blank calendar and added different milestones that I wanted to achieve. This calendar sits front and center on my desk where I can see it every day, and it is also aesthetically pleasing to fill out. The following steps can help you set up a monthly wellness calendar of your own to help you reach your goals.

1. Print out a blank calendar

Although this is pretty self-explanatory, print out a blank calendar with the proper year on it. You can decorate it later to make it your own, or find a nice one online.

2. Determine your goals

This requires a bit more thinking. Determine which milestones you want to achieve. For me, I wanted to track four things every day: exercise, meditation, water, and phone usage. You can make this your own, but I recommend making it something you really want to do or have had trouble sticking to in the past.

Also, making a key to color-code these goals can keep you on track.

3. Write the goals for each day

In whatever way you want to do this, indicate which goals you are meeting each day. For example, every day in my wellness calendar, I wrote those four goals: exercise, meditation, water, and phone usage. That way, I can check it off each day and track my progress.

4. Check off each goal

I found that the best way for me to check off my goals are to put a dot next to each goal I achieved. When I exercise that day, I put a dot next to the word 'exercise.' Also, I add a dot for each glass of water I drank. So if I drank seven glasses of water that day, I would put seven blue dots.

Color-coding is also super important. Otherwise, I would have a bunch of dots on my calendar with no idea what it's for. For me, water are blue dots; exercise and meditation are pink; and phone usage is purple.

Overall, keeping track of your goals is incredibly important. Regardless of how you choose to design your monthly wellness calendar – or whether you choose to make one at all – is entirely up to you. However, take some time during this pandemic to cater to your mental health and do what works best for you.