Creating The One And Only You!

Creating The One And Only You!

How to discover yourself and find out who you are in life.

14
Creating The One And Only You!

Do you feel like a round peg in a square hole, a Fruit Loop in a bowl of Cheerios, a flamingo in a flock of pigeons, like you never really fit in? Life is not about trying to be like everyone else; it is about finding out what makes you special and creating the person that you dream of being. People often want to be find out who they are supposed to be, but life is about creating yourself. There is no “normal” in this world that we live in. Everybody is unique in their own way, and they hold the power inside themselves to either succeed or to fail.

This article is going to discuss how individuals can find what makes them great and how they create the individual that they only have dreamed of being. Students going to college may feel like they need to find out who they are in order to choose a major or fit in, but in actuality it is not all about finding yourself it is about creating yourself as well.

What makes you special? What makes you different from the Joe or Sally sitting next to you on the bus? What makes me special is that I am an extremely kind, caring, and compassionate young woman who is there for her family and friends. Additionally, what makes me special is that I run my own photography business, and save dogs lives from high kill shelters across the country, as well as also majoring in social work.

What makes you different from others around you? What makes others gravitate towards hanging out with you?

How do you create yourself? How did you create yourself in the past? Creating yourself is all about building on to what already makes you great and improving. Life is not about being better than someone else, it is about being a better person than you were yesterday, a week before, a month before. Did you notice yourself being late all the time to parties or events, maybe work on being more punctual and showing people that you can on time as well as showing yourself that you don’t have to scramble to get to places. Do you notice that you are really good at something but want to be better so that you can show your talent or skill to the world? Work at it and make your dreams a reality!

The great Maya Angelou once said, “If you are always trying to be normal, then you will never know how amazing you can be.” This is so very true. Life is not about trying to become what society feels is the norm. It is about figuring out what makes you you great and creating the best possible human being that you can become. Keep on fighting to make yourself great, and don’t let people tell you who you can or cannot be. Don't let them tell you your dream is unachievable.