To The Seniors Of 2020, You Were Robbed And I'm Sorry I Can't Do Anything To Help.

You have every right to be mad, upset and just pissed off...

131

The class of 2020,

I don't even know where to begin this… I look back at my senior year of high school and think of it as the best year of my high school career. Filled with many first and lasts. Memories such as my first college acceptance letter, first time shopping for a graduation dress and last spirit week, last school dances and the last walk through of your school together as the class of 2020.

This is supposed to be YOUR year…

During the week of March 8th through the 13th, the United States was hit hard by the "Corona Virus"

a.k.a COVID-19.

This virus has caused the United States to declare a state of emergency, shutting down more than half of the U.S.

Part of that "half" were schools… All schools were forced to go into "remote learning" which is a fancy way of saying homeschooling, so the schools could be shut down in efforts to stop the spread of the virus.

All of this happened so quickly…

You didn't know that Friday the 13th when you left school that day for the weekend that, you may not be back… You didn't know that when you walked out of your last period class that you wouldn't see that teacher again that year.

You didn't get a chance to say a proper goodbye to your school and the people in it.

When I think back to my senior year those "lasts" were essential to me moving on, it was the closure I subconsciously needed, to show myself that I was ready for more than what my small town school had to offer. The thought of not being able to partake in those lasts brings tears to my eyes because that was such a crucial part to me moving on, and it breaks my heart to know that the class of 2020 may not get to experience this…

Seniors of 2020, you were robbed of experiences you were entitled too…

As I sit here and write this letter to you, I am trying to wrap my brain around ways to help you and I cannot think of anything I can do, to truly make an impact on the situation going on around us right now. Sure I could sit here and tell you that it will all get better because most of you have college ahead of you, but that doesn't make up for the precious time you are all loosing and I am from the bottom of my heart, sorry there is nothing I can do to help.

Sincerely,

Someone who knows how much your senior year means to you.