I have an 8-year-old miniature pinscher who has slept with me every night since he was a puppy. Sometimes I wish I could just have the bed to myself, but I can't fall asleep without him cuddled up next to me. If your dog sleeps in bed with you, I think you'll relate to these 10 thoughts I have every night.
1. What if I squish the dog in my sleep?
It's a legitimate fear.
2. Can dogs breathe under the covers?
Seriously, how can they breathe in there?
3. I am so uncomfortable right now.
Just...a little...more room...please!
4. Does it make me an awful person if I push this dog out of the bed?
I just need to sleep without a dog on top of my legs every once in a while.
5. There's definitely not enough room in this bed for my dog.
How does a dog take up more bed-space than a person?
6. Why didn't I train my dog to sleep in a pet bed?
Probably because it chewed dog beds up as a puppy.
7. Where is my pet? I can't fall asleep without them.
After a while sleeping without them just doesn't feel right.
8. Please stop licking the bed.
I mean, it's just gross.
9. Yuck! When did your breath get so stinky?
No amount of Greenie's can fix this dog breath.
10. This is the bond of a lifetime.
Will I ever love anything as much as I love this co-sleeping dog?