Conor McGregor And Dee Devlin's Relationship Is A True Rags-To-Riches Story
relationships

Why We Should Be Swinging For A Relationship Like Conor McGregor And Dee Devlin

In a time where Miley and Liam and Jay-Z and Beyoncé are power couples that the media wants us to imitate, maybe we should be taking notes from another couple

601

You've heard his name at some point or another. He is the most popular star in his sport of mixed martial arts. He is the foul-mouthed Irish hell raiser that had the gall to make fun of Floyd Mayweather and compete with Floyd in his own sport, having never boxed professionally himself. He's Conor McGregor and he is one of the "baddest" men in the UFC.

However, there is more to the Irish Rockstar of the world's most dangerous sport. There is the story of an unbelievable relationship and romance.

Conor McGregor's success story is told in one of the most spectacular documentaries ever made. The film is titled "Notorious" and it follows him from his beginnings as a fighter with dreams of fighting on the biggest stage in mixed martial arts. In the background but always in his corner, is his girlfriend Dee Devlin.

While the celeb world wants us to have relationships like Miley and Liam and Beyoncé and Jay-Z, I think it's worth dissecting Dee and Conor's. Sure, Miley and Liam just got married and Beyoncé and Jay-Z have been a thing for quite some time, both couples met each other at the heights of their successes.

Meanwhile, Dee and Conor's story is from humble beginnings and appears at least on the surface, deeper in meaning.

In the film "Notorious," we find out that Dee met Conor at a club and the pair started dating not long after that. You see them live with Conor's mom and have overdue bills. Stories have talked about Conor at one time living on welfare to follow this dream of his to be a champion UFC fighter. Dee would cook for him and make sure he was following his diet. She would go to sparring and training sessions. She believed in him throughout all of the downs because she knew that if she stayed with him and gave him that support, they would eventually rise on up.

Fellas, there is a saying that goes, "Behind every successful man, there is a strong woman." That woman in this relationship is Dee.

She loves him unconditionally and it shows. She could've left when the bills started piling up or when they had to live with his mother. She could've left him when he was on welfare. She stuck by him and she believed in him. She was there for him when the whole world seemed against him when his dream seemed silly to everyone else but them. That is love.

I don't know about you, my fellow men, but I want that for when I get married one day.

Ladies, Conor is temperamental, he's cocky, he's arrogant. What's a beast without his beauty? She is the perfect counterbalance to all of that. In "Notorious," she seems soft-spoken but strong. She puts up with the crazy stalker fan letters of adoring female fans (He reads them to her). She does not totally back down from him, and she takes care of and is always standing by him. Find yourself a man who has strong ambitions-support him — so you can be that for him. It won't always be easy, but it'll be worthwhile in the end. Look at how they turned out!

I feel as though with the love life that they have had and with their whole story, they are something that we should aspire to be. Me personally, I think it's something truly remarkable. In a dating generation of instant self-gratification, status boosting, or fitting someone else's expectations and being in a world of narcissism, they started with nothing and now look at where they are. They have two children and word is even though it has been delayed, the wedding they are going to have will be the biggest Dublin has ever seen.

So, I say keep Jay-Z and Beyoncé. I'd rather have a true ride or die relationship like Dee and Conor.