Confessions Of The Older Brother

Confessions Of The Older Brother

Little sis, you drive me crazy but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

17
Confessions Of The Older Brother

A letter to my younger sister:

Wow! Where has time gone? I know that’s honestly such a corny way to open a letter, but in all honesty, it’s true. I remember you being scared when I moved on from preschool with you. I remember seeing you come to kindergarten and getting to be Mrs. Jones’s “special helper.” I remember you being so happy to just come home and play. Now we’re both so much more grown up, and I’m in college, and you’re speeding through high school. Is that almost over for you? I can’t believe how much you’ve grown up.

I love you and miss you so much. I miss seeing you each day after school. I miss hearing your laugh when you and dad are messing around (even though it was a little loud sometimes). I miss being there for you when your nights were rough. I miss being someone you could talk to (and fight with). I know we haven’t always had a perfect relationship, but I love you and am so proud of you.

You have grown up into such a beautiful young woman who is an example to everyone around you. I see the way the Stringer girls look at you. You have such an influence on people, more than you realize. I am so proud of you. You have become so much more than I ever hope for. Seeing you mature these past few years has been an awe-inspiring process.

I know your life isn’t perfect. I see you searching for people who can show you Christ’s love. Show Christ’s love to them and the right people will come to you. I see you struggling through the Christian walk as many of us do. Search through the Bible and pray. Pray more than you think you should (Hint: you can’t pray too much). God is waiting to show you the amazing things he has planned for you, and I can’t wait to see what is coming in your future.

I know I live two hours away now, and not just two steps down the hall. But I love you so much, and you know that I am always here for you. I am more proud of you as my younger sister than you realize, and I am so excited to see how you continue to grow.

With love,
Bubby