5 Things That Happen When You Start To Make Yourself Happy

"Completely and Perfectly and Incandescently Happy."

4
Personal

1. You Get Rid of Toxic People

When you start to make yourself happy, you realize who doesn’t. You recognize who it is in your life that drags you down, makes you worse, or is simply destructive to your well-being. When you begin to make yourself happy, you know who it is that is going to help you grow and better yourself. Not only do you lose the people who aren’t meant to be in your life, but you find who your real friends are, and what friendships will last in the long run.

2. You Make New Opportunities for Yourself

When you start to make yourself happy, you easily become more outgoing. You go out on a limb. You do things that may be out of your comfort zone. Since I’ve begun to create my own happiness, I’ve found so many opportunities to grow myself. I’ve put myself out there and it’s been nothing but successful.

3. You Find New Passions

Since I’ve begun to put my happiness first and began to become happy on my own, I’ve found new things to love and to invest my time into. Politics has become one of the biggest influences in my life, and it wouldn’t have happened without the confidence and happiness I’ve found within myself.

4. You Take New Adventures

Back to your comfort zone. It expands so much when you become happy on your own terms. You do things you’ve never done and experience things you never thought you would. In this year alone, I’ve been to all kinds of new places, with more to come.

5. You Cultivate and Grow Your Life

When you begin to make yourself happy, truly happy, you grow as a person. I can speak from personal experience when I say that I am more myself now than I have ever been. I have matured as I’ve grown happier, and my perspective on life, in general, has improved. The things that happen when you become a happier person do only one thing: Make you happier.