25 Healing Mantras And Quotes To Help Rejuvenate You

25 Healing Mantras And Quotes To Help Rejuvenate Your Burned-Out Soul

Sometimes you have to force positivity into your life.

330
Maya Parella

I'll be honest. I'm a huge fan of those "suburban wine mom" quotes and just about every cheesy positivity mantra. When things get hard, my room will be riddled with sticky note reminders—by my bed, on my desk, on my computer, on the bathroom mirror, everywhere. For me personally, they help guide my mindset into calmer, happier waters. These are 25 of my favorite quotes/mantras I tell myself during tough times.

1. "Hey little fighter, soon things will be brighter." -Unknown 

2. "Healing is not linear." - Unknown

3. "Recovery is about progression, not perfection." -Unknown

4. "This too shall pass." -Unknown

5. "I may not be where I want, but at least I have grown." -Unknown

6. "I attract what I want by being what I want." -Unknown

7. "Be so rooted in your being that nobody’s absence or presence can disturb your inner peace." -Unknown

8. "If they don't know you personally, don't take it personal." -Khleo Thomas

9. "Every day may not be good, but there is good in every day." -Alice Morse Earle

10. "Rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life." —Unknown

11. “Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.” - Rumi

12. “You can only break unhealthy cycles by starting from where you are now, and not falsely skipping to a point where you wish you were.” —Unknown

13. "People often say that this or that person has not found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates." —Thomas Szasz

14. "She can feel it down to her very core—this is her time. She will not only climb mountains—she will move them too." —Lang Leav

15. "My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness." —Maya Angelou

16. "Just like moons and like suns, with the certainty of tides, just like hopes springing high, still I'll rise." —Maya Angelou

17. "You must allow yourself to outgrow and depart from certain eras of your life with a gentle sort of ruthlessness." —Unknown

18. "True power is living the realization that you are your own healer, hero, and leader." —Yung Pueblo

19. "Do not fast forward into something you're not ready for, or allow yourself to shrink back into what's comfortable. Growth lives in the uneasiness, the in-between, the unfinished sentence. You are a season of becoming." –X 

20. "Don't think about what can happen in a month. Don't think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be." —Unknown

21. "What's done is done. What's gone is gone. One of life's lessons is always moving on. It's okay to look back and think of fond memories but keep moving forward." —Unknown

22. "Recovery is: letting go of your current life by accepting your pain as you create a new atmosphere for yourself where you're less likely to be triggered. Where you're more likely to fill your emptiness with things that are healthy for you." —Juansen Dizon

23. "There is no statute of limitations on starting over. Re-invent yourself every day...Be a phoenix. Be ashes. Burn down. Resurrect. Let go of the idea that you must always be who you have always been." —Unknown

24. "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' " —Mary Anne Radmacher

25. "Go all the way with it. Do not back off. For once, go all the goddamn way with what matters." —Ernest Hemingway

There are so many more I could add to this list, but these are just a few of my favorites. Don't feel embarrassed or ashamed for loving/needing positivity quotes; there's nothing wrong with trying to better yourself.