9 Complaints You've Heard From Your Boyfriend After Living Together

Living together is great, but there's always going to be something.

137
Youtube

For those of you who live with a significant other, you'll probably be able to relate. Needless to say, this was written with a lot of input from my boyfriend. I would like to be able to say it was hard for him to come up with this list... In reality, he was listing them off just about as fast as I could type!

1. "How can you have this much hair?

We are talking clogged drains and hair shower walls. It's on the floor and on his clothes; he's just going to have to learn to deal.

2. "Why do we go through toilet paper so quickly?"

Guys don't use TP every time they are in there... Girls are different, so stop complaining and let's make a quick trip to Walmart.

3. "Stop leaving clothes everywhere!"

I needed to find an outfit and didn't have the time to hang the clothes back on the hangers before I left. Oops.

4. "Why do you need this much makeup?"

Sure, he questions the hundreds that get spent on palettes and kits, but he'll learn to understand what goes into looking like this.

5. "I never get enough drawer space."

Yeah, I know you've got your shirts and pants, but I have shirts, pants, shorts, dresses, rompers, skirts... We pretty much operate on a 2/3 system. I get 2/3 of the space. We have 3 drawers in the bathroom, guess who has two? I may also keep a few extra things in his drawer too.

6. "I thought we just bought you new mascara last week."

First of all, that was eyeliner.

7. "Stop unplugging everything for your hair dryer."

It's not the unplugging so much as it is the fact that things don't always get plugged back in when I'm done.

8. "Why can't I play more video games?"

Guys living on their own have way more free time. Living with a girlfriend means a cut out of their video game time.

9. "Honestly, we just need two comforters."

This is a classic for both parties. One person always ends up with the covers at the end of the night. When I'm too hot, I'll push the duvet over him so he has a mountain on top of him. If it gets cold, neither will get much sleep. We're too busy waking up and stealing all of the covers from the other one.

Trust me, I definitely have complaints that go the other way. Clean your hairs out of the sink after you shave. No, we will not try to live off of Bubba burgers and frozen nuggets.

But, living with my boyfriend has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. If it's right, you'll know. I used to love being alone, but now the apartment feels too empty without him. It's nice to have another person there to make dinner with or watch a movie together. Whatever you have going on, you don't have to do it alone. It's like having a sleepover with your best friend every night!