Colleges Need Therapy Dogs

Colleges Need Therapy Dogs

I really hope that one day something like this can be established in colleges nationwide.

14
Colleges Need Therapy Dogs
NYDailyNews

Recently there has been college campuses bringing in therapy dogs during finals week for stressed college students. I find this to be a great idea and I think it could benefit more than just the stressed out college students. There are so many positive things that can come of having dogs and even cats on college campuses all over.

I personally think that every college campus should have the option for students to love on animals. Honestly, it can be helpful in everyday lives of college students. If you think about it, one of the biggest parts of being a college student is constantly being stressed, having too much on your plate, and never having time to do anything that could possibly make you feel better.

Say college campuses allow dogs on campus every day to help out the stressed or upset college students, that would be an amazing improvement to college as we know it. I also think that if it became something that was an everyday occurrence, colleges could begin to help dogs in animal shelters, rescue them in a sense.

The dogs and students would be helping each other at the same time, the dogs could still be adopted, but they could also be loved on while they are in this dark time in their life. There could even be a program where the dogs stay at the college. People could join this "club" or program and take care of the animals, but while they're doing these things it's therapeutic for not only the students but also the animals.

If there was a program like this at my college, I would definitely partake in the program. I think that it is so beneficial to everyone involved. When you think about the stress that animals go through in shelters, that could be taken away from them, just like the stress that college students are always under could be helped. I realize that this likely won't happen, but if it were to happen I think that great things would come of it.

You could even do this program with cats, whether the college student prefers cats or dogs, they could choose. It would be helping so many people and so many animals that it would be unbelievable. I wish that this was something that could actually happen and especially at more local colleges because I honestly don't see many negative things with a program like this or even just having the dogs visit every now and again at each campus.

I really hope that one day something like this can be established in colleges nationwide. Because in my eyes, everyone deserves that chance to love an animal and be loved by an animal. Who doesn't want to give everyone and animals that chance? I think that it would definitely increase the number of pet adoptions if there were to be a program with animals that are available to be adopted.