7 Tips to Make the Most of of College

7 Tips to Make the Most of of College

Surviving college isn't as hard as they told you.

5
7 Tips to Make the Most of of College

They aren't lying when they say college is just as much life experience as it is educational experience. You learn responsibility, independence, and practical professional skills. But, clearly, we all think we are drowning sometimes in this world where we are expected to "adult" on a daily. I mean honestly, somedays it's a victory to just get out of the bed. Here are some things I've found to be helpful, especially if this is your first year at a university.

1. Get off campus- Seriously, It doesn't matter how much you love your school, or even how big it is, do yourself a favor and get some new scenery sometimes. If you don't, you'll find yourself loving your school a little bit less.
  2. Prioritize- I know, you want to do it ALL. But think seriously about what is most important, and what is not. You are not superman or superwomen, and you actually can't do it all. That's ok.
  3. Challenge yourself- Set goals, meet goals, and then set new goals; physically, academically, socially.
  4. Give up sleep- If your don't have time, get up earlier or go to bed later. Basic.You probably don't need as much sleep as you think you need.
  5. Sleep is important- Contradictory to #4... Sleep is actually really important if you want to be healthy and successful. It's a personal balance you're just gonna have to figure out for yourself.
  6. Learn to be true to your values, while accepting others- People are not always going to act in a way that aligns with your personal beliefs, even in environment where you expect them to. You can have different beliefs and still value and respect each other.
  7. Opportunities are everything- But they don't always just fall in your lap. LOOK FOR THEM, and take advantage of your recourses.

College is great. Don't take yourself so serious. Do your best and leave the rest. Things really do have a way of falling into place. So don't worry so much :)