8 Things To Be Thankful For As A College Student And More

Be thankful for yourself.

286
Quotesvil

Going through college is not easy, especially when you are away from those most important to you. I wanted to write to everyone to remind all of us, even myself what we should be thankful for. This is a reminder for everyone and anyone going through exam week, aka hell week, or anything stressful in life that blows your way during college. Enjoy!

1. Be thankful for having the opportunity of a higher education. Personally only three of my family members, including myself have made the decision to attend college. Getting an education is a privilege. Everyone deserves one, but not everyone gets one. Even though most people who go through college have student loans to pay off and a job to worry about, we should all be thankful. We should thankful for our education system, thankful for the wonderful opportunities it gives us, and thankful for the memories. If it was not for pursuing an education and attending school, none of us would have met our friends who are now family. Take advantage of the opportunities given to you and be thankful!

2. Be thankful for your friends and most importantly, your family. Human kind as a whole runs on connections with others. Our connection as college students, depends on our friends and family, without them we would not have gotten to where we are today. Their endless love and support has made you who you are and who you want to become. We love each other no matter what, and we are there when the going gets tough. Make sure to call them every now and then, or shoot them a text and say "Hey, I just wanna say thank you and I love you."

3. Your opportunities. The opportunities and adventures you will experience during college are endless. At Winthrop University especially, make sure to go and explore what we have to offer. There are many amazing clubs to join, like Sky Diving, Quidditch, and even Studying Abroad. Some colleges and institutions cannot afford these activities for their students. Be thankful for what your school has to offer.

4. Your experiences are what make you. We all go through things in life that will shape us into who we are today. Too many people dwell on their past and don't see what it has actually done for them. Be thankful for the obstacles you have overcome and battles you have fought. Those are what make you unique and strong. The good and the bad experiences in life are what make us. Be thankful for what you have been through, what you are going through, and what you will go through. It will not only change you as a person, but will change how you look at your future.

5. Your up and down days. We all have been there. As a college student, it gets hard to handle classes, papers, exams, a job, and still making time for your friends. You feel like you can never get a break. Don't shut down when the going gets tough, push through. Push through by taking time for yourself to relax. Take a breath, go on a walk, do some retail therapy, hangout with friends or call home. Taking a break from a 5 page paper, is not going to hurt you. Just breathe, and then go back to it when you feel ready to. Remember we are all in the same boat, you are not alone.

6. Your faith. Whatever your faith may be, there is an answer. God does not put us in situations we cannot handle. Everyday, we are tested with ridiculous things to provoke us to change who we are. Put your all your strength into the Lord and believe he will handle the situation. Pray. Prayer is the closest way to get to the Lord. He is there for you and does not want you to falter. College is a new world for everyone, we have never been on our own before. Make sure you thank your higher power for giving you the opportunity to experience college and what it has to offer.

7. Your roommate. Be thankful for your roommate, even though you may not get along. They have to put up with you. You both are new to the college world and are learning together. Take time to show them you appreciate them and thank them for putting up with you, especially during exam week!

8. Be thankful for yourself. This may sound silly, but be thankful for yourself. Every obstacle you have over come, and every battle you have lost to get to this point in your life, is all because of you. You did it. You decided to go to college and to better yourself for your future. You deserve all the credit, but do not forget about the ones who have helped you along the way. Be proud of who you are and what you have accomplished. Be thankful for yourself, for you have to live with yourself for the rest of your life. You deserve all the happiness and success in the world.