College Students Are Irresponsible

College Students Are The Most Irresponsible People I've Ever Met, Not Sorry

Please, grow up!

88

As a junior in college, I can honestly say that sometimes I feel so unlike my peers. Majority of the people I have encountered at college do not have a single clue what responsibility is and it is honestly embarrassing and concerning.

Growing up, I was always the responsible one and it translated to my college life. I work around 30 hours a week outside of school to pay for my rent, food, utilities, car, gas, you name it. A lot of the time, I have to say no to going out on the weekends because I am working or have too much studying to catch up on. I applied for 70+ summer internships and secured a really good one. I save and budget so I always have a certain amount of money in my savings account at all times and can continue to add more.

The amount of people I meet at school with no job, no responsibilities and no sense of the real world is pathetic.

I can't tell you how many times I have had to stay over my shift at work because my relief, always a college student, decided not to show up. I watch people spend hundreds of dollars at bars while their parents pay for their $1,000 rent. I see the number of times these people decide not to show up to class because they are either hung over or too lazy. Like honestly, what the hell?

Not only do these irresponsible people affect my life, but they are also the people I will have to rely on in the working world someday and that terrifies me. If you can't even get yourself to a 10 a.m. class, how can I rely on you to get a multi-million dollar advertisement campaign pitch to me on time? I like going out and having fun just as much as the next girl, but there is a time and a place to do it.

I honestly don't know how about 50% of the people I attend school with are even here. It's a miracle that any of them obtain the grades to even be enrolled in a university. And since they clearly can, why do they not bother to take responsibility in other aspects of their lives? I get that college is the last chance to act like a kid, but when your idiotic decisions and irresponsibility affect others, you need to reevaluate yourself. You should want to be the best that you can be so you can gain the most that life has to offer.

Congrats, your parents bought you a brand new car and fund your weekend drinking binges. You got an A on that test you cheated on but don't actually know any of the material you will probably need down the line. I can't wait to be your boss someday and can fire you at my will because I understand the work that goes in to being a responsible human being. Welcome to the real world.