To The Guy At College With A Girl Still At Home

Take a deep breath — you're both in the same spot in life.

1363
Guy sitting on bench with backpack

I know right now is probably a very stressful moment in life. You're in school trying to make something of yourself. Before you left home you had to leave a special girl that you love so much. Right now you're probably so scared for the future of that situation. You're not the first guy to feel nervous about having a girlfriend back at home. You probably have so many thoughts in your head.

"Does she miss me?"

"When am I going to see her?"

"Is she ok right now?"

These are all things you probably ask yourself daily. Believe it or not, though, she's doing the same exact thing. She's wondering and thinking of you constantly.

The dynamic of your relationship is going to change. You're not going to see each other every day. You're going to think about the old times of the two of you constantly being together. You're going to wish that you could wake up and make plans with each other. Some days will be harder than others. Imagine being together with someone every day And then overnight that changes.

You're going to cry, it's going to make you uncomfortable, it's not going to feel good at the start. Starting long distance is not an easy transition on either end. One of you is off to a new start and the other is still home, keeping themselves grounded. Not only does your relationship change but your whole life changes. You're going to meet new people, you're going to be up all night studying, you're going to be exhausted.

I'm sure both of you made a promise to make it work but, unfortunately, life happens. Sometimes it just doesn't work. Life can get chaotic, especially in college. You're being pulled by all ends and sometimes a relationship is not what you need at the time. Sometimes you need your space away from a relationship to understand how special it is and why the two of you got together, to begin with. Taking a break from each other is sometimes what you need in order to realize how much you love them.

Take a deep breath and realize that both of you are in the same spot in life.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.