To The Confused Senior, As Graduation Approaches Quicker Than You'd Like

When you're feeling lost and confused about the future, you're not alone.

99

I'm sitting here, staring at my LinkedIn, waiting for something to happen.

I'm in a weird spot in my college career where I want to be proactive and start applying for jobs, but I don't even know where to begin. My roommate already has a job and a plan–so it's hard not to compare myself. But when it comes down to it, I don't even know what I want to do with myself.

I'm looking toward the future and it seems so far away but when I think about myself as a freshman it feels like yesterday. The future is fast approaching and as it continues to move at the speed of light I can't imagine myself as a fully functioning adult...

With an apartment...

A 401K (still don't know what that means)...

And a retirement plan ( is that the same thing)?

How am I expected to make major life decisions, like where to live or what job to take, when just six months ago I thought fabric softener was laundry detergent?

When I chose to major in public relations, it was because it was so broad; so I didn't need to make a plan just yet. Fast forward two years and my dream job is still just as hazy. I go on LinkedIn, look at jobs and confuse myself over the descriptions.

Is this what an identity crisis feels like?

But you know what gives me hope? What looks like the light at the end of this last-semester-of-college tunnel? I know I'm not alone in this confusion. There are seniors all over the country in the same boat as me and, even though it feels like we are paddling toward Niagara Falls, it's all going to be okay.

I remember when my best friend, who is a year older than me, was stressing over this exact same thing. She was lost, confused and had no job leads. But you know what? She's now working her dream job and all it took was patience. So I'm not going to stress over my job my final six months of college.

I'm not going to speed up the process. I'm going to cherish every moment with my best pals, live in the moment at every basketball game — because when I take a moment to look around, I'm pretty dang blessed.

So hold onto this final semester my friends, because soon everything will be a memory.