20 Signs You're A College Senior

20 Signs You're A College Senior

Your day-to-day life consists of Netflix, food, alcohol, mental breakdowns, and crying with your best friends. So naturally, it's the best year of your life.

324
20 Signs You're A College Senior
Blogs.Newcastle

Senior year is a year filled with the very conflicting emotions of extreme happiness, extreme sadness and extreme anxiety (looking at you future career), but it's also a year filled of amazing and unforgettable memories. Two months into my senior year, I've realized there are things all seniors can relate to no matter what school you attend.

1. You can always find an excuse to drink.

Whether you just nailed that interview or bombed it, you're celebrating a friend, your favorite restaurant has a cheap happy hour, or it's just a Tuesday, as a senior you'll always be able to find a reason to drink. It's a rite of passage.

2. You find yourself saying the phrase "SKA" way too frequently.

Otherwise known as seniors kick ass. You find yourself yelling this at parties, when you get a perk due to being a senior, or when you've decided to skip all of your classes and day drink instead. Basically, every chance you can you and your friends love yelling "SKAA." (Also, this gif seemed like the perfect description of what my mind looks like whenever I yell this phrase).

3. 5 minute mental breakdowns have become the norm.

It's actually pretty impressive how quick your recovery has become.

4. Netflix wins over everything nowadays.

Whenever anyone asks what you're doing, it's safe to assume you're 100% watching Netflix.

5. Everything is a "last-something."

Whether it's the last first home football game, the last home football game, your last big/little reveal, or simply the last time you'll ever have to go to a Monday 8am (good riddance), everything about senior year has just little bit of sadness to it.

6. You either no longer buy books or you buy them super cheap off a friend.

Since you now spend all your money on alcohol and food, you can no longer afford books so you no longer bother.

7. You don't even acknowledge the club booths anymore.

Eyes locked on your phone, headphones in, and ready to blatantly ignore.

8. Senioritis in high school has nothing on senioritis in college.

After 16 years of school, you've pretty much given up caring.

9. You don't even bother dressing up for class or even for going out anymore.

The only reason you care about what you look like nowadays is to land yourself a 9-5, and since potential employers won't be sitting in your classes or popping up at the frat parties, you've decided you no longer care if you're wearing the same shirt you wore yesterday under your sweater.

10. You've somehow managed to find a place for "Dollar Beers" every night of the week.

11. When someone asks how does it feel to be a senior, you either rave about the perks or you sob uncontrollably on their shoulder... There's no in between.

12. You die a little bit inside when someone asks what are your plans post-grad.

No, I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going to live next year. I'm basically hoping it'll come to me in an epiphany because I've clearly got a hold on my life.

13. You find yourself feeling nostalgic for freshmen year, so you go to a frat party only to leave and wind up back in your sweats back home 10 minutes later.

Walks in. Steals a drink. Walks out.

14. You and your best friends spend half your time talking about the last three years over a bottle or two of wine.

Wine night every night!!

15. Engagements are happening left and right, and you're low-key freaking out.

My most successful relationship is with my cat Leo, so if you're wondering, my love life is looking great.

16. You know the exact spots on campus to avoid like the plague.

17. You've developed the uncanny skill of spotting a freshman from a mile away.

Most likely wearing a UT21 shirt with a matching lanyard. Don't worry freshmen, we all once sported that look too.

18. You've mastered the skill of all-nighters and last minute cramming.

Tbh, probably the most useful skill I've learned in three years.

19. You spend half your time planning and scheming with friends on how you're all going to either end up in the same city or be able to afford to visit each other as frequently as possible.

These people have become your second family, and you refuse to accept the fact that they will no longer be within the same area code in less than a year.

20. You find yourself cherishing every moment because there's not a single part of you that's ready to say goodbye to the "Best Four Years of Your Life.

There is truly, truly nothing like your years at college. So, underclassmen, cherish every moment, every all-nighter, every crazy memory with your people because it all flies by way too quickly.