A College Senior's Thank You Notes

A College Senior's Thank You Notes

Consider it sort of a “quirky count your blessings” meets Jimmy Fallon’s “Thank You Notes.”

148
A College Senior's Thank You Notes

Over these past four years of college, I’ve done the best and craziest things I’ve ever done in my life, and that has truly helped me figure out who I am. So to think that in less than a year I will be graduating is more than a little daunting.

And honestly, I’m a little terrified. I’m still not exactly sure how I will be ready to leave my college town for a career and all that comes with being an adult. So, while part of me desperately wants to dig in my heels, cry, and mope about all the things that are going to change, I know that probably won’t get me another year of college.

So this year, each day is going to be focused on enjoying the little things that have made me what I am today. It’s time turn to the phrase “Thank You.”

Thank you:

To my best friends:

Thanks for sticking by me through our hangouts, classes, late night phone calls in the middle of the summer, parties, study dates, lunches, and not to mention all of the other weird, but very fun (like discovering how phenomenal peanut butter and oreos can be at midnight on a Tuesday) stuff we’ve done. You’re the people I’ll call friends even when we don’t live five minutes away from each other anymore.

To the friends I’ve lost along the way:

While our friendship wasn’t meant to last, I genuinely can’t thank you enough for the things that you taught me.

To the college coffee shops:

Thanks for the coffee addiction. (But really I couldn’t have made it without you).

To the people who see me Snapchat my ugly faces on the bus and pretend not to have watched:

We both know this isn’t true, but you saved me from a lot of self-confidence issues.

To my professors:

Don’t worry, you taught me a lot. But you also made me stay up late studying a lot…it’s a love/hate relationship.

To the unexpected friends made in my classes:

Not only did we become study buddies, but now we have a real, out of class friendship. Now we can talk about more than just that weird English class we took last semester!

To the professors who give extra credit:

(This feels pretty self explanatory).

To Google:

Thank you for being with me through late night study sessions explaining who knows what (and for all the baby/puppy/kitten videos in between).

To my roommate:

Not only are you my best friend, but you have also seen more of me than you probably like (yet you’re still living with me… So I must be doing something right!)

To Ben and Jerry:

I love you.

To my sorority sisters:

You are the girls I know I can depend on. I never would have expected to call 300 girls my close friends, but WOW. Each and every one of you is going to do great things! (And always have the Instagram to prove it).

To the jobs I’m applying for:

Thank you for the consideration (Plus a few “please please please love me’s)

To the job that one day will accept me:

Thank you!!! (No really…like. Thank you.)

To the people who work at literally any store within a 10 mile radius of me:

I really appreciate you not saying anything when I decide to go on a shopping spree.

To group project members:

(speaking to a direct few) Thanks for helping me not fail.

To my family members:

You send me food and hugs when school just seems like it might kill me.

To my pets:

I’ll be home soon. (Don’t tell the fam, but I definitely miss you most).

To t-shirts and shorts:

Please don’t ever leave me.

To anyone who has tutored me in math:

Passing that test was 50 percent hard work and 60 percent luck. And it’s all thanks to you.

To all of the people I interact with on an everyday basis:

You continue to help me grow as a person. Even when I really, really don't want to.

To you:

For hopefully cracking a smile at reading this article and making it all the way to the end.