Things Guys Should Know About Dating Education Majors

17 Things College Guys Should Take Notes On For Dating Education Majors

As told by my aspiring teacher friends.

649
NBC Universal

Education majors are ones who I admire, because they have to be devoted to spending time with children from the start of their college journey. As the curious Communications major that I am, I had to ask some girls what guys need to know about dating these hardworking, aspiring teachers.

1. Lesson plans are a thing, and they take up a lot of time

2. Meet people who are only education majors to get a husband, is a thing

3. Random projects are bound to happen late at night

4.Getting new pencils or planners is like Christmas

5. Coffee is extremely important

6. "Team no sleep" will be in effect the first week of teaching

7. You might be roped into helping make a paper mache late at night

8. Taking any psych class leads to overanalyzing the personality of EVERYONE

9. A "teacher" voice will inevitably come out at random times around significant others

10. They'll be nights of tears when the kids are awful

11. Coloring is sometimes a serious homework assignment, and takes up "free time."

12. Sense of humor often relates to the chosen age group to teach 

13. Classic books like "If you give a moose a muffin" are EVERYTHING

14. Getting excited at Target when seeing items that would look cute in a classroom

15. Being hopeless romantics

16. Having an obsession with canned fruit cups, or any food that resembles kid's cafeteria food

17. Loving people on a new level, as teachers need to appreciate diversity

Appreciate your ladies who teach and how much they do, because they are incredible women!