From a College Girl in Need of a Snow Day

9 things to Ensure Classes to be Cancelled

598
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/01/17/63651752536315389753447637_Snow-day.jpg

Growing up in Delaware the weather was pretty standard: hot summers, rainy springs, colder falls, and not that snowy winters. We would be lucky if we saw a few inches a year. Occasionally there would be a huge storm roll through and we would have a foot of snow, but that's only happened maybe twice in my life. But one of the great things about living in Delaware is that no matter how much in snows, you can almost guarantee a snow day. We've had snow days for an inch of snow, and state of emergencies for 3 inches, solely because Delaware isn't equipped to handle crazy weather.

Once I moved to Michigan for college, I had some major adjusting to do. Trekking through inches of snow and ice, while it's still sleeting outside is something that I am not used to. Having to dig out my car from under blankets of snow, and going to class in negative temperatures is definitely not fun. I would do anything in my power to get a snow day in Michigan, so I'm sharing tricks that would normally help us get snow days at home. So maybe if we wish upon some snowflakes, classes will be cancelled. College kids deserve days off too right?

1. Pajamas inside out

One of the most efficient ways (in my opinion) to score a snow day is to wear your pj's inside out. My teachers used to tell me that if the whole class wore our pj's inside out, that the snowflakes would fall faster and heavier because they were upset we didn't wear our pajamas right way out.

2. Do a snow dance

Who doesn't love going outside when the snow starts falling? It's kind of like a rain dance, to make the rain come; the snow dance would tell the snow gods to make it snow harder.

3. Ice cube down the toilet

My 3rd grade teacher told me that the ice cube made the water colder which gave us a better chance for snow. Definitely an easy thing to do in the dorm, to get a snow day right?

4. Yell "snow day" into your freezer

Honestly, I don't think I ever did this one, but I know my friends did and it definitely helped get snow days in elementary school.

5. Then grab some ice cream

I may not have done the previous one, but I definitely did this. Everyone knows that if you eat ice cream when it's snowing, everything gets colder and freezes over.

6. Put a white crayon on every windowsill

Putting a crayon on every windowsill made sure that when you woke up, all that you would see in the morning would be white outside of the window.

7. Brush your teeth with the opposite hand

Pajamas backwards, brushing your teeth with the wrong hand... the snow gods just really like doing things backwards apparently.

8. Spoon under your pillow

You know, I'm not exactly sure what this one does...

9. Sleep upside down on your bed

This just goes back to the snow gods liking things happening backwards.

Everyone deserves a good snow day once in a while. I think that next time a big storm is predicted, everyone on campus has to do these 9 things, and maybe, just maybe, we won't have class. Fingers crossed.