College friends seem to change, grow and dissapear...but it's okay!

Ever feel like you have no friends anymore? well, let me tell you that's not true. You do have friends and you can find a new best friend if that's what you're looking for.

22
pexels

College is a time of friends, memories and of course education. The hardest part of college, for me, has been accepting that friends change and grow apart. The friends you had the first day of freshmen year may not be the same friends you have on graduation day or even the first day of sophomore year. College is a time of self-discovery and with that comes changes. When people change so do friendships, it is just a fact of life. Even though it's hard to watch your old friends move on and start hanging out with other people it isn't the end of the world. The beautiful thing about college is there are so many people. With so many people, it allows for a greater opportunity to meet new people and find new friends because you change as well.

I know that trying to find new friends mid-year seems close to impossible, but it isn't. Everyone is in the same boat you are in. More people are in the same boat you are in than you would think. Try to keep an open mind and be on the lookout for those in need of a friend. Sometimes you might become best friends with someone you never would have thought. Give people a chance and be kind to everyone. College is not easy in both the social aspect as well as the education aspect and thinking you have no friends makes things even worse. I'm going to say it again, it is okay, you're not alone. Everyone feels that way at one point or another, but there isn't an expiration date for finding friends. You can always make new friends and create new relationships it just might take time and some effort.

My best advice for making new friends is to just talk to people in your classes and ask them to hang out after class. It is okay to get close to new people. There is always time to make new friends and meet new people and I believe that is the most important thing. There is no expiration date on making new friends. I know college is hard and scary and watching friends slip away is one of the hardest things to undergo, but I promise you this. It will be okay, and you do have friends. Just think about all those you talk to and try and get closer to those you don't hang out with as much. Who knows maybe you will find a lifetime best friend, it just might require you to put forth effort and plan days to hang out and things to do. That is okay too, nobody ever said it was bad to be the planner in a friendship.

Always remember you are never alone and if you let your true self shine, I promise you will find your tribe and create amazing friendships. If those friendships dissipate then who cares, you can find other people to hang out with and call your best friend. Stay strong and never give up hope…it's okay!