To My College Friends, Thank You For Being My People

Thank you for doing this crazy thing called life with me.

153

That one decision to come to college at URI is on the list of one of the best decisions I have made in my life.

It's crazy to think that if even one of us decided to go to another school, the friendships that we formed would have never happened. I could not imagine going through college with any other group of friends and am so glad I met you all. In a way, we grew up together, or at least tried to grow up from the immature, lost and confused 18 year-olds we were when we met.

Going off to college was so scary, but we somehow all gravitated together and formed the amazing friendships we have today. We don't all have this whole "adult thing" down and we kind of just go off each other for advice on things, but I wouldn't want to have it any other way. It's us against the world sometimes, and that's OK because we have each other to lean on.

You are my people, my best friends, my family, my therapists, all compiled into one.

The memories we have made together are ones that I will cherish forever, and not hesitate to bring up at all your weddings. From going out every weekend together, to study sessions, dining hall dates, and trips to the beach, you are all always down for an adventure.

I am proud of each and every one of you, and watching you all follow your dreams and pursuing your degrees, is so inspiring to watch. You are all amazing people who I am blessed to call my friends. No matter where we end up in life, I will always consider you my forever friends. Thank you for always being there to support me, with anything I do and continuing to accept me even after I mess up (which I do often).

Thank you for dragging me out of my bed every weekend and creating memories with me. I can't wait to see what the rest of college has in store for us. It is going to be weird after graduation and not all being a 10-minute drive each other, and not being able to go out and hang out at random hours of the night.

No matter the distance that eventually comes between us, I will always consider you my people, my best friends, my therapists, and my family.

You are my people.

Love always.