College Football Playoff Semi-Finals Rundown

What you need to know before the Semi-Final.
42

Clemson vs. Alabama

For the 3rd time in the College Football Playoff, Alabama and Clemson will square off, this time it is just a semi-final game. One of these teams will not be in the championship game this year which makes it all the more important. Clemson is clearly the number one team going in. Kelly Bryant is playing phenomenal and the team can seem to do no wrong. They’ll have a lot of momentum coming in as well with just demolishing Miami (FL) in the ACC Championship. Alabama barely made it the playoff giving them a chip on their shoulder. Yes, you read that right, Alabama has a chip on their shoulder. Alabama has time to get healthy and has time to game plan against a Clemson team that they lost to last year in the national championship. This will be a close one, Clemson is poised for another victory. However, the Tide wants to get revenge and you never know what Nick Saban can pull off. I expect it to go down to the wire again giving Alabama a slight edge.

Oklahoma vs. Georgia

This is a really intriguing matchup and one you do not see very often. The air-raid offense that is Baker Mayfield balls out as usual, but can they do it against the hard-nosed SEC defense that is the Georgia Bulldogs? Oklahoma has been lights out all year, they only dropped one game against Iowa State who turned out to upset a few other Big 12 opponents as well. The offense is clicking and the defense looks like they are hitting their stride. They will have to be very physical against the Georgia run game with Nick Chubb and Sony Michel. Jake Fromm looked like an elite passer in the SEC Championship as well so the Oklahoma secondary has to look out for that as well. For Georgia, the defense needs to have a near perfect game. Baker Mayfield will burn a defense for any mistakes that they make. The Georgia secondary needs to stay calm and not give up the big play down the field. I think the Oklahoma offense will be too much for the Bulldogs to handle putting the Sooners in the final.