College Explained By '90s Cartoons

College Explained By '90s Cartoons

Because as a child, you never realized how relatable those cartoons would be to your adult life.

38
College Explained By '90s Cartoons
Electro Kami

If you were a '90s kid, it can definitely be agreed that this decade (along with the early 2000s) had some of the greatest cartoons of all time. We would wake up early to watch some of our favorite shows, and even fight to stay up just a few minutes later in an attempt to finish our current episode of "Hey Arnold." But times have changed, and now we are forced to act like adults and go to college. We work through the assignments, then hop on Netflix for a bit of nostalgia and find that these cartoons are even more relevant and relatable in our lives now than they have ever been before. Here are 12 ways that '90s cartoons relate to college.

1. The face you make before a big exam (and all hope is lost):

In college, it does not seem to matter how much you study before the test. Sometimes it seems like you just aren't meant to pass.

2. What we look like at the beginning of the semester:

We all imagine ourselves looking flawless and ready to make a good impression when we arrive on campus. In the beginning, it's all about meeting new people and making new friends or even scoring a hot date, so it's important to look nice as often as possible.

3. What we look like after the first few weeks of class:

Warning: The amount of stress that is dumped on your lap in just a matter of days may cause hair loss, bloodshot eyes, exhaustion and the loss of all motivation to even get ready each morning. For those of us who are optimists, it will appear as if you are laughing on the outside but crying on the inside.

4. When you're begging the professor to give you that one extra point on the test:

Sometimes you have to go the extra mile and really be a kiss-up to the professor, even if it means begging. In college, every point counts. Every. Point.

5. When you walk out of class on a Friday:

Because on Friday nights, we celebrate.

6. Trying to motivate yourself to workout:

The freshman 15 is super real, and if you think it won't affect you, then you're mistaken. It will creep up on you, and you won't like it.

7. When you realize that, unlike in high school, you actually have to study:

If you're anything like me, you will not be prepared to study in college. You may have had perfect grades in high school, but prepare for a rude awakening. This will be one of your biggest challenges.

8. When you get to sit next to your crush during a class:

You can look, but you can't touch. Keep it cool.

9. That moment when you realize you forgot to do an assignment:

This panic could have been avoided if you hadn't kept procrastinating, but that's another story.

10. When you get an exam back that you thought you aced, but you actually barely passed:

It happens to the best of us, but it can be really frustrating — not to mention discouraging when you continuously try and fail.

11. When your homework cuts into your nap time:

Sometimes all you really want to do is take a nap, but then you realize you have other, more important things to do. The struggle is real.

12. When you realize that you are not alone in your struggles:

College destroys us all, some just more quickly than others.

College can be really stressful on you, but don't give up. These years will be rewarding, both now and later. So the next time you feel like crying over an exam, don't sweat it. Instead, take a break with your friends, eat some junk food and enjoy some old cartoons. You deserve it.