To My College BFF, As She Starts A New Chapter In Her Life

Awkward Beans 4 Lyfe

179

To Liz: my homegirl, my first college best friend, and the best dog petter.

I love you so much.

I miss you so much.

And I'm so sad that you won't be returning to West Chester U.

There's a lot of things I wish I said while we were still roommates. There's a lot of things I wish I could say now that we aren't. It took me a while to process that I won't see you on campus anymore. We won't have our late night laughs about memes online or write on our whiteboard calendars when the therapy dogs come to Sykes. We won't get both Starbucks AND Chick-fil-A just to survive studying chemistry in the library. We'll never freak out when there's a bug in our room or live in 114 again. And yeah, that sucks really bad that we won't have those experiences again. But that doesn't mean you can get rid of me that easily. (Besides, I already have you listed as a bridesmaid.) And although coordinating our summer schedules have been tricky, I know we'll work it out and have the best kickass weekend ever.

I wish I said how much I appreciated you. I can't tell you how much I appreciated your help with chem (even though neither of us really knew what we were doing).

I wish I said that I'm sorry. My side of the room was always a mess and I filled our fridge with too much of my stuff. I really don't know how you dealt with me.

I wish I told you how much you meant to me. You were my first real true friend at West Chester and true friend for life. I remember reading a quote online that said to meet your bridesmaids in college, not your husband. And boy did I strike gold meeting you. My sophomore year and all the highlights wouldn't have been the same with you. You are my best friend for life.

I know choosing not to come back to West Chester U was a really hard decision for you to make. I know things for you and your family haven't been easy lately. But I also know that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to and you're great at everything. So although this situation isn't ideal in your eyes, you can do this and I am so proud of you. So unbelievably proud.

Come down to West Chester whenever you want and I'll make sure to have that swirl bread in the freezer for you.