WE'RE CLOSER TO THE SUN, SO WE CATCH MORE RAYS

The sun is closer than we think.

30
White Girls

Most of you may not fall under this category, but I’m sure we have some common misconceptions in which we can relate. Being tall and pale throughout middle school and high school must have been torture for you when you didn’t fit into clothes, were taller than all the boys, and matched the white bathroom walls. We may have to bend for pictures, stand back ten feet to see our entire outfit in a mirror, or even duck through doors. But don't forget, your “all natural” look is one you should be proud of. So love that casper skin or yours, and your long legs, because that makes you who you are.

1. How's Life Up There?

Yes, we may be a foot taller than most girls, without heels, but the view is great. We aren’t stuck looking at people’s butts or hurting our necks looking down all the time. We can see celebrities over big crowds, we can extend our long arms to catch a free t shirt at a basketball game, we can find our friends heads as we look over kids at a concert, and of course we are able to ride every ride at the amusement park. So life in the clouds is great. We get a breeze, some fresh air, and a clear look at the beautiful world surrounding us.

(via Odd Stuff Magazine)

2. You're gonna burn like a lobster today.

Typically said by your mother, and sometimes some very kind friends, is a phrase that will be said consistently this summer. Unknown to most, “non-pale” folk, we have a few secret weapons to protect ourselves from the sun, and one is SUNSCREEN! Sunscreen is key, but so are big hats, a shade break, and a nice swim in the ocean. So, don’t hide under an umbrella, or wear a shirt and pants, instead just use that good old 50 proof sunscreen. Protection is key, and if you are just smart with your preparation, there will be no worry of turning to a shade of red. Toast a little like a well done marshmallow, and steer clear of the lobster look.

(via Tailgating Ideas)

3. Are you always this pale?

This one always catches me by surprise. It seems to cause a lot of confusion that pale people have trouble getting tan! Well this is somewhat true, so if June comes around and we are still pale, don’t act so concerned. We don’t just change 5 shades in a day, our sensitive skin takes time to perfect. However, when winter comes around, you may not notice, but we sure as hell can tell we get a shade lighter. At that point we can blend into the fake snow in Narnia. So no, we aren’t always this pale. It just takes longer than normal to get a little color.

(via Blogspot)

4. Your legs are super long.

Yes we can walk over hurdles with ease, step across a river, and take far less steps than any normal human, but it's amazing. Besides the struggles of finding long enough pants to wear, long leg life is pretty rad. I mean we are basically our own super models. Try and practice your walk, and throw on a pair of heels just to have some fun. Take this as a compliment. You have legs to show, so show them off. And of course these beauties take work. Shaving takes much longer than normal, lotioning, bending, sitting…we are a long ways up.

(via Blogspot)

5. Do you ever wish you were shorter?

The amount of times this question has crossed my path, is almost more than the amount of times people compare their arm color to mine. Honestly, it would be great to be able to make it easier for a boy to thrust me into the air, and catch me with ease. Although, it is easier for them to kiss us. But our height can represent a bit of intimidation, showing people who’s boss. So don’t wish to be shorter, find the perks and enjoy them.

(via Filmsactu)

So ladies, short or tall, pale or tan, be confident, because you are a stunna.