This Clean Skincare Brand Uses Ingredients From The Amazon

This Clean Skincare Brand Uses Supercharged Ingredients The Amazon Has Used For Centuries

It's also an aromatherapy-lovers dream.

6073
someone tapping finger in jar labeled "symbiome The One"

- Like a lot of fellow skincare junkies, clean beauty has been a passion of mine for years — more and more of us are embracing natural ways of taking care of our bodies.

- A few months ago, I was introduced to Symbiome: a newly launched brand with supercharged ingredients from the Amazon that showed faster results in healing acne and pigmentation on my skin than anything I've tried.

- Each minimalist product from the brand has ten or fewer ingredients, all naturally and sustainable sourced. Most have less than four.

Being Indian, clean beauty has always been a core part of my beauty rituals passed down from my mother and grandmother. From massaging warm coconut oil into our scalps to sweeping DIY turmeric saffron masks on our faces, most South Asian households were doing the clean beauty thing before the Western world labeled it as such.

For that reason, when I first heard about Symbiome: a clean skincare brand featuring supercharged ingredients sourced from the Amazon, I was immediately intrigued. The brand features four postbiomic oils, a restorative cream, and two cleansers.

Each has a specific, targeted purpose, and while I love and recommend every single product, the postbiomic oils were standouts for me — the clarifying one was the only product of dozens I've tried that prevents and treats maskne I've been getting this year.

To be honest, I had never heard of a postbiomic oil till I met with the founders (both seasoned veterans of the beauty community) and they explained to me that they are fermented using native microbes. That optimizes the nutrients and enzymes, making each ingredient that much more potent and effective.

Here's my run-through of each product the brand just launched.

Rebalance001 Postbiomic Oil for renewal and radiance

Symbiome

If you're a fan of aromatherapy, this vanilla coffee scented oil is the one for you. As much as I loved inhaling the scent as as I fell asleep with it on, I was most excited to try this two-ingredient wonder because of the way the founders touted its ability to help with the acne scarring I have along my jawline.

Despite it being an oil, it felt incredibly light on my combination skin, and I always woke up looking more fresh-faced and glowy than I did the day before. If you have sensitive skin but want something to aggressively work against any scarring/pigmentation, you won't regret trying this one out.

$85

Recharge002 Postbiomic Oil for hydration and protection

Symbiome

I don't particularly struggle with dry skin, but the pequi oil in this is a game-changer for my skin. The naturally-occurring retinol speeds up cellular turnover overnight, making this one great for anyone with sensitive, acne-prone to speed up the healing process.

The passion fruit oil in this also creates a barrier on the skin, making it great if you spend a lot of time outside to protect your skin from environmental damage — though you should, of course, always pair it with an SPF.

$85

Rewind003 Postbiomic Oil for clarity and brilliance

Symbiome

This is the intensely hydrating oil I press into my skin after I do lots of intense clay masks and chemical peels on my skin. I didn't use it on a daily as I actually have combination skin that doesn't need too much hydration, but on days I was feeling like my skin was sensitive, my skin totally drank up the hydrating buriti oil in it.

$85

Respond004 Postbiomic Oil for calming and clearing

Symbiome

This product is my holy grail acne remedy. As someone with PCOS, I have mostly been able to clear up my skin with a healthy diet and clean skincare. However, wearing masks for long periods of time for the past several months has caused my skin to react with a bit of acne along my cheekbones and jawline.

When I wear this under a face mask, I won't get a single bump. I love this product so much that I actually carry it with me when I go places, and will likely keep purchasing it for the rest of my life. As someone who has gone through ups and downs with acne my entire life, it's the only product that's really been effective in totally clearing my skin almost immediately.

The sanoma leaf oil in it calms the skin and regulates the entire skin microbiome. It's also supercharged with vitamin E, which enhances the skin's barrier function to protect from external acne-causing aggressors.

$85

The One Restorative Cream for vitality and resilience

Symbiome

Of all the products I tried, I would say this one was probably the least effective. I liked it as a moisturizer, and the soft cream felt really soft and hydrating on the skin without feeling too heavy. For that reason and because the three ingredients in this are so clean and natural, I'd recommend it for any skin type looking for something simple.

The light texture means you can use it both day and night, and the vitamin E in it makes it great if you are looking to decrease signs of aging. For someone like me looking for something to cure acne or decrease pigmentation, I wouldn't call it out as a must-have.

$125

The Renewal Daily Cleanser for vibrance and youth

Symbiome

Next to the Respond004 and Rebalance001, this was one of my favorites I'll likely repurchase. I have incredibly sensitive eyes that can't withstand the feeling of most makeup removers, but this seamlessly took off every last drop of my three layers of waterproof mascara without my eyes burning, which is a big deal for me.

When it comes to makeup removers and cleansers, it's extremely difficult to find something that lifts all of the dirt and makeup off your skin without removing the healthy oils and bacteria from it. This one is one of the rare cleansers that leaves my skin feeling nourished, glowy, and supple.

The gel-like texture turns in to a satisfying oil consistency when you rub it into your dry skin. The directions say to use up to three pumps, but I just used one and was totally fine. I'll be using the bottle I have for many months.

$60

The Reset Clarifying Cleanser for treatment and recovery

Symbiome

This gentle foaming cleanser feels super light on the skin. I keep it in my shower because the smell makes me feel like I'm in a spa, and because it's clarifying, I like to use it when my pores are most open from the steam of hot water so it can really get into my pores. I'll massage it in for about thirty seconds, and unlike a lot of clarifying cleansers, this one doesn't leave me feeling dry.

I personally love the scent, but if you have a sensitive nose, I'd probably stay away from this one.

$45

All in all, Symbiome's products are fairly pricey, which is to be expected when supporting a small business with so much emphasis on sustainably and ethically-sourced ingredients. If you have specific skin concerns like acne or pigmentation, the price tag is worth it for the simple fact that they're been more effective with results than any expensive facial has ever been on me.

It's also a dream for anyone with sensitive skin. The gentle ingredients don't mean that you'll have to wait several months for results. I personally saw them within a week or two.

Buy Symbiome's Postbiomic oils, cleansers, and moisturizer from their website.