To The Class Of 2017 High School Seniors

To the Class of 2017 High School Seniors

Class of 2017,

It is almost your time to walk across that stage and receive your diploma. You are moving from having to still raise your hand to use the restroom, to completely living on your own in an unfamiliar town with unrecognizable people.

I know that you are probably feeling either scared, stressed, or excited to be leaving High School. But, let me tell you, that College is not as frightening as you believe it is. Once you are there, you will meet some of the best of friends that you will have forever. These are the people that truly know you because you basically live with them. College is going to teach you to grow up and not care about what other people think. You are going to learn that going to the dining hall or the library by yourself does not mean that you are lonely. Trust me, you will search for any moment to spend at least five minutes with yourself. But, you will also make some of the most incredible memories you will ever have. You will yolo and go out on a Saturday Night, even when you are drowning in homework. You will drive for hours even if you do not have a destination. You will explore, cry, laugh, and watch an endless number of movies with your pals and eat until you can’t breathe.

You will have the craziest stories to enlighten your hometown besties with and they will do the same. I know that you are probably scared that you will lose touch with your hometown friends. You are wrong. You are going to see your besties more than you believe you will. You will take the two-hour drive to visit them at school at least once and you will all come back home more times a year than it seems. If they are worth your time, you will stay in touch. Long distance best friends are the best friends.

Enjoy this last month of High School, it will be over before you know it. This is the time for Prom and Senior Trips. If someone asks you to hang out, don’t say no. Admire the place you considered a prison for the past four years of your life because once you walk out of those double doors, there is no going back.

This will be the shortest summer you have had yet. Fill it with Graduation parties, beautiful vacations, long road trips with your best friend, daily beach trips and bonfires.

Good Luck Class of 2017. This is your time to shine. Do not take it for granted.