Christian Voters Lack Morals And Values

Christian Voters Lack Morals And Values

Religious Voters Resemble Trump

31
Christian Voters Lack Morals And Values

I'm just going to say it—if you claim to be a Christian and you voted for Donald Trump, you're a hypocrite and a disgrace to your religion. I do not believe for one second, that an individual can claim to follow a teaching that speaks of love, acceptance, tolerance, and doing the right thing, can turn around and vote for a man that stands for hate, violence, and exclusion. Christian voters that supported Trump give other Christians, Jesus, God and religion as a whole, a bad name.

Christian voters believe that Republicans, the so-called party of family value, share their beliefs and religious vision. Of course, this is a ploy used by the Republican party, but hey, if Republican voters sing the song, why change the tune. Christians stand on two beliefs, 1: they don't believe in abortion, 2: they don't believe in same-sex relationships. These are the only two principals that lead Christian voters to side with the Republican party. I can completely understand and respect Christian views, but how did they overlook all the other despicable behavior and reprehensible statements that Trump has made, and not just during the campaign, but over his lifetime?

There's more to a Presidential candidate than their view on abortion and same-sex relationships. What about the economy or the fact that they have no experience for the job? I guess running this country into the ground and creating a race war are just fine and dandy as long as the President shows up to church, bible in hand, every other Sunday. Christians sold their very souls and left their morals and values at home on Election Day. It just doesn't add up, Christians claim to be holy and righteous, they stand up and preach to the rest of America about doing the right thing, they condemn non-believers and shame them for not following the Holy Bible or believing in God. Well, I highly doubt that Jesus and God would have stood up next to Trump and wore a red hat of support during the 2016 campaign. How do they plan on talking their way out of this one? Well, as so many of them have adamantly stated to me: "I didn't vote for Trump, I voted for the Republican party." Can anyone say, sell out?

The fact that many people in the Republican party proudly say that they stuck with their party, and not the nominee, is beyond frightening. That comes across as a severe lack of substance and political knowledge. How can an individual say that they just vote for their party, and not what's best for the country or other Americans? Based on that reasoning, in four years, the Republican party may as well place a box in front of the microphone and call it a Republican, because their voters will believe in just about anything and absolutely nothing. Unfortunately, if you voted for one thing, you voted for all things that pertain to Trump, it's a complete package. Don't try and fools yourselves. You can't go to Footlocker and buy one shoe because the box comes with two shoes and you have to buy the whole package.

Christian voters, you can sell yourself on whatever lies make you feel better about yourself, but your support for hate and racism has dirtied your soul. You can claim that you're not a racist or a hateful person, but you supported those causes by voting for Trump. You may not sell Girl Scout Cookies, but every time you buy a box, you support the organization. So, eat your racist cookies and wash them down with a glass of hate.

I do respect religious followers for standing up for what that they believe in; however, this is different. Christians with morals and values just voted for a candidate that speaks of hate and destruction. I guess two shared values are more important than cheating on your wife, lying, stealing, making false idols, bearing false witness against your neighbor, and creating false Gods (money). Oh well, perhaps hypocrisy is the word of the year. I know one thing, religious followers should think hard and long before lecturing anyone else on doing the right thing.