11 Christian Quotes To Get You Through Anything

Struggles will arise, but God will always be by your side.

98
Anatol Lem

As a Christian, you feel as though life will be easier. The struggles you faced before will no longer arise. Problems will seem simple, and everything will be just sunshine and rainbows. Boy, is that a joke. Christianity does not mean any of this. Trials become more severe and the storms are deafening. But we have God on our side. With that, we can endure anything. Here are some Christian quotes to get you through anything life throws your way:

1. “Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them” - Elisabeth Elliott.

Becoming a Christian does not mean you do not have any questions or that you have found all the answers. Each day brings new answers and some days even bring new questions. The difference is we take our questions to God. God gives us the ultimate and final answer to our questions -- sometimes not in the time frame or way we wanted, but answers none the less.

2. “If you are too busy to pray, you are busier than God wants you to be” - Wanda E. Brunstetter.

God does not want us to live these overly busy lives. No matter how much we have on our plates, we should always make time for God. A relationship with Him is the most important thing. If this gets pushed aside or we feel too busy for time alone with God, we are simply too overloaded and need to take a step back.

3. “We fail in the work of grace and love when there is too much of us and not enough of God” - Suzanne Woods Fisher.

We are selfish, self-centered individuals. We cannot do God's work to the fullest if we have this mentality. We must let go of the spotlight and shine God's light to those around us instead.

4. “One day you will wonder what was so important that you put off doing the most important things. 'Someday' can be a thief in the night” - Deborah Brown.

Every day we must prioritize the list of things we need to accomplish. Sometimes, our "priorities" are not as big or important as they seem. The best thing we can do is pray about it and ask God to show us the most important things.

5. “The point of your life is to point to Him. Whatever you are doing, God wants to be glorified, because this whole thing is His” - Francis Chan.

No matter how big or small it is, everything we do is a chance for us to glorify God. Most the time, we try to glorify ourselves. We look to others for affirmation. But we should be praising Him instead and pointing others to Him through this praise.

6. “But whatever you do, find the God-centered, Christ-exalting, Bible-saturated passion of your life, and find your way to say it and live for it and die for it. And you will make a difference that lasts. You will not waste your life” - John Piper.

Nothing will matter in this life if we do not find our passion -- the passion God gave us. Once that passion is discovered, everything will seem to fall into place. Live your life pursuing that passion while glorifying God.

7. “I realized that all my life, my values were based upon typical middle-class American values: hard work, doing good, living well, owning things, following the rules & being the best I can be... but God clearly says, "those are not MY values. I value justice, mercy & humility” - John Green.

This world is so caught up on self-glorifying values. "Look at me, I have the best things. I am successful, wealthy. I live the cookie-cutter life." The best news: God does not look at these things. These are not His values, nor should they be ours. Our worldly possessions may impress those around us, but they sure will not impress God.

8. “Overcomers are not perfect. They fail just like the rest of us, but they keep on getting up, keep on repenting, and keep on being willing to surrender themselves to Christ and letting Him, who is the only perfect One, work through them” - Nancy Missler.

Christians are not perfect. Let me repeat, Christians are not perfect. We endure struggles and trials. We walk through fire and rain. But our failures do no keep us down. Our failures strengthen us. They glorify God and allow our testimonies to reach the lost.

9. “And then, just as quickly, the clouds returned, leaving us to walk by faith, not by sight” - Sibella Giorello.

The storms do not always stop when we ask God to end them. Sometimes He would rather calm us and show us the beauty in the rain than just to simply blow the dark clouds away. We rely on our faith to get us through these storms, taking solid, steady steps with God instead of getting blown over by the wind in doubt and defeat.

10. “God blesses you so that He can do for others through you; it is not always about you” - D.A. McBride.

Take off the self-centered hat and step out of the spotlight. Blessings come in abundance from God, but they are not always solely for your benefit. Always give back to others -- whether that is in possessions, material items or emotional connections.

11. “God does not call the 'qualified' but qualifies the called” - Ikechukwu Joseph.

I know I feel so inadequate so many times, and I doubt I am alone in this. However, God does not call those that are equipped for the job. He calls us and gives us what we need for the mission He has given us.