Why I Chose The Mount

Why I Chose The Mount

Let's talk about those views though.

11
Why I Chose The Mount
Madison Herley

Growing up I knew I always wanted to go away to college and be on my own for four years of my life. In the beginning of the application process, I only looked at schools far away with large campuses. However, I realized before making my final decision that I wouldn't be happy going to a far school with a large campus because I would feel like just another number to the faculty and staff. I found Mount Saint Mary College and fell in love with just a tour around the campus. The Mount became my home and my safe place for many different reasons listed down below:

1. The professors, administration and staff know you by your name.

I love how the professional staff wants to know you on a more personal level rather than just being another student to them. They want to get to know you, help you learn and expand your horizons.

2. The small campus.

Even though at first I wanted to go to a huge school, I fell in love with the small campus because you know where everything is located, people will always help you get around and you don't have to wake up earlier than usual to walk to class.

3. The love and support you receive from everyone cheering you on.

Here at the Mount everyone is always supporting the decisions you make and always helping you strive for more success. Having this support from friends, faculty and administration really motivate me to do more in the community.

4. The students are accepting of diversity.

Also, here at MSMC, there is a diversity club that allows students to be comfortable expressing themselves regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality. Every student has the opportunity to appreciate a wide variety of different cultures.

5. The beautiful views of the Hudson.

No comment needed.

6. Clubs for every interest, even the Knitting Knights.

The amount of clubs we have at the Mount is incredible. There is about a club for every single person and their interests.

7. Being far enough from home but also close enough to go home for a weekend.

This was a big factor for me during the application process because I wanted to be away far enough where I wouldn't see people from my hometown; however, close enough to go home for a long weekend.