Choosing the right friends

Choosing the right friends

Having the right support groups

3

We've all had different types of friends in our lives there are those that have been with us since we were kids, some that we met through high school, college, another friends social group etc. No matter what we can always have a plethora of friends in this world, and have as big of a support system outside of our families and that' great. However, we sometimes forget the importance of quality friendships when it comes to us as humans, especially when we want to feel a sense of family outside of our own when we're far away from them, or when some of our own families doesn't give the support or love we need.

Picking the right friends in your life can be a hard thing to shift through, and an even harder thing to get right the first time. Sometimes we have the right friends in our life from the get-go as soon as we meet, or other times it takes a lot of trial and errors in finding those friends which causes us to be cautious and tread lightly. Having quality friends isn't just a matter of how long you've been with them, but really how accepting and loving they are about you as an individual and being there for you when the going gets tough no matter what it is, and giving you the best advice for you so you can grow as a person.

As someone who has a lot of friends, I often times try my best to allocate my time to those in my life that I feel that I didn't hangout enough or nurture a better relationship with. Over the years I started to worry less about the number of friends I have somewhat to only worrying about needing quality people in my life no matter how big or small my friend group is. I have more than a few best friends in my life. 4 in my fraternity that I am currently a part of, another 4 that I've knownsince my freshman year of college that are not in the same fraternity as me, 11 from being a part of O-Team at Eastern Michigan last year, 1 that I hangout with from time to time plus a solid amount of good people that I surround myself by whether I hangout with them, see them out and about or otherwise. Even though I got a numerous amount of friends, I also know the importance of gaining quality people in my life that I surround myself by.

I try to surround myself with people that I know will love me for me and accept me for me, to be surrounded by positive people in my life and in turn gaining not only another friend but one I know will push me to be a better person each and every day. Surrounding yourself with the right people takes time, realization of who you really want in your life and getting that really know that person, or group that you're a part of. I wouldn't trade anything for the friends that I have in my life, that pushed me to be better and give me a chance to see something in myself that I don't normally see. Having people in your life is great, but having great positive, and amazing people in your life is even better no matter how big or small it is.