The Importance Of Choosing To Be Positive
Lifestyles

The negativity needs to stop.

153
Amira Totah

In today's society it's so easy to be negative towards others and sometimes we don't even realize that we do it. I sometimes catch myself or the people around me questioning why people do, say or post certain things when in reality they have every right to do what they want.

Of course, we all have different opinions but I think it's time for us to start looking for the things that can bring us together.

I'm not exactly sure why people feel the need to constantly put others down or drag on the things that are ultimately making that person happy. Does it stem from jealousy or anger? Either way, it's time to move on and be more positive because the rudeness is getting us nowhere.

I've noticed that you get what you put into the world and if all you are contributing is bitterness, it will begin to consume you with everything you do. So be uplifting to others and yourself.

If you are around people who are always negative, try to help them see the brighter side to things. Everyone is different and things take time but it's okay to drop the negative people in your life and surround yourself with more supportive ones. This goes for social media too. If you follow someone that always seems to ruin your day or make you think negatively, UNFOLLOW them.

There is no point in keeping up with someone just to be ill.

My dad always used to tell me that "one rotten tomato will ruin the basket of good ones." I think this can be used to refer to people who bring you down as a person and hold you back from achieving your fullest potential- not just someone being a bad influence on you as a teenager.

It's so important to be a good person and to be there for not only friends and family, but strangers too. Smile more and hold the door open. Always think of ways to encourage others or help push them forward.

You never know what another person is going through so your actions can literally make or break their day. If someone is rude to you, always choose kindness. Don't let someone who is having a bad day (or is just a grinch) define/ test your character. It's easy to see a lot of the negative things going on in the world we live in today but I think we as people can actually make a difference.

Instead of choosing to only see the bad, have hope in humanity and see the good in people. Be the good. Be uplifting and see if you can make someones day or maybe even change their life.

A new motto for me is "humans supporting humans." We need to put our differences aside and remember that at the end of the day, we are all just people who want to be cared for and loved.