What You Should Celebrate
Lifestyles

10 Simple Things You Should Be Really Proud Of Yourself For Doing

When it is in our nature to put ourselves down, we need to celebrate the little things that we do right.

150

It is all too easy to put ourselves down whenever we struggle to do the things we consider difficult. I'm guilty of this myself. But because of this, we have to congratulate ourselves for the little things we accomplish each and every day. No matter how simple they seem, these obstacles provide a challenge that molds our character. Because humans are all vastly different from each other, what may seem insignificant to you may mean a lot to someone else, and learning what means the most to you is part of the journey of self-discovery. If we want to learn to be kinder towards ourselves, congratulating ourselves on the small stuff is a good place to start.

1. Eating three meals

When life catches up with you and you have all these assignments weighing over your shoulders, the concept of pushing aside a meal in favor for work becomes too appealing. But as our natural systems demand, it is natural and healthy to split your meals across three points in time throughout the day, and if you're sticking to that routine amidst your chaotic lifestyle, you deserve a pat on the back.

2. Showering regularly

This point may feel a bit strange to some, but when your mental health is at an all time low, self-care can feel like a monumental task. Your personal hygiene cleanses you from your stresses—both physically and mentally—and we often underestimate the effect it can have on our mindsets.

3. Remembering to text or call back

While maintaining a social life doesn't seem like it should be high on your list of priorities, human beings are not solitary creatures. We are meant to interact and love each other. I know that I struggle to remember to reply sometimes, and it means a lot to the people who care about you when you check in and make an effort to communicate.

4. Setting your phone aside

In a world in which technology dominates, it is common to look to your side to find someone scrolling through their social media or browsing the Internet. While I love my phone and understand why some may cling to it, putting it away to have a real conversation or to relieve yourself from the extra stress is a major step to improving your overall life.

5. Ordering a meal in person

This is something simple that I struggle with occasionally as these kinds of situations make me uncomfortable and sometimes anxious. After repeating my order to myself several times and making small talk with the cashier, I have a good reason to be proud of myself afterwards.

6. Staying hydrated

Again, it is too easy to neglect our body in the simplest of ways, and dehydration is one of them. Reminding ourselves to drink water while undergoing our daily routine is an accomplishment, and it only benefits you, so you should be glad if you remember to do so!

7. Spending time with family

Out of all the constants in your life, family is one that sticks with you until the end of the line. Whenever we're busy, they might be the last thing on our minds, but every moment spent with them is counted and treasured. If you're making the effort to enjoy their company, you deserve the happiness these times bring you.

8. Preparing for an exam beforehand

Regardless of the outcome, the attempt made shows your dedication towards your schoolwork, and when we have so many obligations vying for our attention, school is the last thing we want to focus on. When you study for an exam or put together a paper before the deadline, you deserve to feel proud. Trust me.

9. Reading a book

Literature continues to be underrated in today's society, and if you can manage to make it through one while resisting the temptation to binge Netflix or hang out with others, you've earned a gold star. Literature serves to strengthen your mind!

10. Waking up

Every single day brings a new set of challenges, and if you've made it this far, then that means you have survived everything that life has thrown your way. And for that, I am so proud of you.

Celebrate your achievements regardless of how small they may seem. You may be your worst critic, but you also deserve to be your greatest supporter!